Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if im posting this in the right spot, buts its a gsxr-1000 so seems right to me.......just wonder if anyone knows what they do with the old superbikes?? sence suzuki is changing for 07, where do all the 06's bikes they had go? does yoshimura just trash them or give them to charity? what?? maybe chip from KWS will know....thanks

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
kneedragnK6 said:
Not sure if im posting this in the right spot, buts its a gsxr-1000 so seems right to me.......just wonder if anyone knows what they do with the old superbikes?? sence suzuki is changing for 07, where do all the 06's bikes they had go? does yoshimura just trash them or give them to charity? what?? maybe chip from KWS will know....thanks
Depends.....Most Factory Superbikes are cannibalised for carry over part and then the rest of it is crushed. They don't want the competition to get a hold of the really trick stuff.

Every once in a while you will see a real factory bike sold to a trusted collector....but that is rare.

As for everybody else.....Factory supported teams like ours....they get sold at the end of the year. I have two bikes for sale now and I will be selling four more in March. Call if your interested....

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Depends.....Most Factory Superbikes are cannibalised for carry over part and then the rest of it is crushed. They don't want the competition to get a hold of the really trick stuff.

Every once in a while you will see a real factory bike sold to a trusted collector....but that is rare.

As for everybody else.....Factory supported teams like ours....they get sold at the end of the year. I have two bikes for sale now and I will be selling four more in March. Call if your interested....

Garage sale time Chip

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
SPL170db said:
Garage sale time Chip
I have one every year at this time.....you want a Superstock/Superbike? I'll hook you up!

$12,000 Superstock

$13,800 Superbike

your choice of Suspension....Basicly we can configure them any way you want.

Here is what they are:

2006 Team Millennium/KWS Suzuki AMA Superstock and Superbikes

Bike: Suzuki GSX-R1000
Frame: OEM
Swingarm: OEM
Subframe:
- Superbike: GP Tech
- Superstock: OEM
Bodywork: Catalyst Racing Compsites
Triple Clamps: OEM
Swingarm Pivots: Millennium Technologies
Engine:
- Superbike: KWS Pro Superbike build,Wiseco Pistons, Carrillo Rods, Web Cams, APE Cam Sprockets, KWS Tensioner, KWS Pro Head.
- Superstock: KWS Pro Superstock Build, APE Cam Sprockets, KWS Tensioner
Lubricants: BG Lubricants
Fuel: VP MR9
Exhaust: LeoVince Titanium Corsa
Case Covers: Vortex
Clutch:
- Superbike: Falicon Billett Clutch Basket
Electronics: Dynojet
Air filter: K&N
Suspension: Ohlins (Tuned by Thermosman Suspension)
Tires: Pirelli Superbike Slicks
Wheels:
- Superbike: Marvic Piuma 16.5”
Wheel Bearings:
- Superbike: Worldwide Ceramic Bearings
Brakes Calipers: OEM
Brake Lines: Goodridge -2
Brake Pads: Vesrah SRJL-17
Brake Fluid: Castrol SRF
Clip-Ons: Vortex
Rear-Sets: Vortex
Upper Cowling Brace: Vortex
Grips: Renthal
Frame Sliders: Vortex w/ KWS Pucks
Steering Damper: Pitbull
Spools: Pitbull
Chain: EK RXO 520
Sprockets: Vortex

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Dude Chip, that's all sorts of awesome. And the price ain't all that bad either.

What kind of life expectancy do you think they have after you're done with them? And how often do you guys tend to rebuild/check the motor?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
nudiepix said:
Dude Chip, that's all sorts of awesome. And the price ain't all that bad either.

What kind of life expectancy do you think they have after you're done with them? And how often do you guys tend to rebuild/check the motor?
You could NOT use this as a street motor.....as a race motor at a fast expert pace you would need to check the top end at half season and a rebuild at the end of the season.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Airwaves ducati sold their factory machines on ebay last year. Not sure on exchange rates at the moment but they were around 100,000 dollars 2nd hand and double that new. I'm sure Hagas were for sale on there the year before at a touch more money. As Chip said though, don't expect to get the exact same motor that won a national or world title though!!!

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Skyhighsami said:
That sucks. I wonder how much difference there is between the Yosh bikes and the KWS bikes. Chip do you have any input?
Assuming you could actually buy every thing you would need to build a Yosh Superbike (which you can't) and you paid a group of people smart enough to put it together......you would easily spend $300K.....easy.

Ours cost about $35K to build......Yeah...there is a big difference..:D

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Here are 3 that you can find for sale real quik:

1998 HONDA NSR500V

SHELL ADVANCE - GARY MCCOY BIKE

Britten #8 of 10

1993 Cagiva V593 - John Kocinski

LAGUNA CHAMPIONSHIP BIKE + MEMORBILIA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.