Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know this is not what you want to see, but for the price/headache/beefit ratio, it is waaaay better than putting together a home brew font end.

not saying you can't do it, but you will need to get axle spacers, redrilled rotors, capliper mounts.
I just slpped in a 93 1100 wheel, 88 750 rotors, and 94 six piston capilers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i put 94 750 front end on mine. piece of cake. it is a direct swap out. just have to cut off the stops on the lower triple. i picked up everything on ebay for 500.00. thats is both rims, all rotors, calipers, forks & trees. the deals are out there, you just have to watch and be patient. here is the stage i am at. swingarm is also 94. good luck!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by oldskool86:
i put 94 750 front end on mine. piece of cake. it is a direct swap out. just have to cut off the stops on the lower triple. i picked up everything on ebay for 500.00. thats is both rims, all rotors, calipers, forks & trees. the deals are out there, you just have to watch and be patient. here is the stage i am at. swingarm is also 94. good luck!!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">those can't be 94 forks, all 750 94 forks were anodized blue.
95s were back to the plain aluminum finish.
Unless they were from the 1100(the 1100 tubes were silver).
the 1100 tubes would be better, as the 750 forks are pretty short, and underdamped.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Originally posted by karl_1052:
I know this is not what you want to see, but for the price/headache/beefit ratio, it is waaaay better than putting together a home brew font end.

not saying you can't do it, but you will need to get axle spacers, redrilled rotors, capliper mounts.
I just slpped in a 93 1100 wheel, 88 750 rotors, and 94 six piston capilers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ahhh Karl1052, you have 1994 gsxr 750 forks on there...the blue annodized usd's...
-Karl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by KJ1:
ahhh Karl1052, you have 1994 gsxr 750 forks on there...the blue annodized usd's...
-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes I do, but I now need a Blue fender to go with them.

[ 07-22-2002, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: karl_1052 ]

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I need a good up close pick of a new style wheel mounted to 86 forks. I got new wheels on my 7/11 but I have newer forks and brakes. I want to mount a 91 1100 front on the 86 forks. How did you guys do it. I really dont want to buy another front end just for this bike. The rear went right in but the front is a pain in the arse. I know a front end switch is the way but can it be done.
chainrash
My 7/11 front

My 750 front

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a -90 GSXR1100 wheel in my -86 forks. See my webpage for details. www.gsxr.tk click my gixxer and then look near the bottom of the page. Here's a pick of the front.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Originally posted by R1100:
I have a -90 GSXR1100 wheel in my -86 forks. See my webpage for details. www.gsxr.tk click my gixxer and then look near the bottom of the page. Here's a pick of the front.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Perfect, thats what I needed. I have latemodel forks on my 87 7/11 but I didnot want to buy forks for my 750. I just wanted to mount the wheels I have. Killer website. I love the drawings and pics. This helps alot. Thanks.
Hell yea this weekend baby new wheels on the 750. I love the 17"s on my 7/11 it handles great. My buddy wants me to put new wheels on my 1100, but I just cant do that to the old beast. Its bone stock cept header and Vance & Hines powerpack. But my 750 is anything but stock. By the way you got a beautiful bike. I would love to see more pics.
Chainrash

·
Registered
144 Posts
the 94 swingarm has been a bitch. but once i work out the bugs i guess it would be a lot easier to tell you guys how to do it. i have had a lot of help from doug and mr gix. the front end was a piece of cake. bolted right up. all i had to do was grind off the stops on the lower triple. i picked up the the complete front (both rims, all rotors, all calipers, axles, fork assmblly) for 500. tehn i got the swing for 80 + shipping. it is going to look sweett if i can ever get the damn thing on the road. im into this project about 6 months (im sooo impatient!!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts