Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's I've heard people talking about leaving there bike on ignition over night so that the light will use up all of the old bad eletricaty, therefor letting new power to start flowing through the wiring harness, Is this true will it work. I have a feeling that this has never been done to my bike seeing I bought it used and haven't done it myself. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
You need one of the new fangled refridgerated capacitors. The cooler section keeps the electricity fresh and the capacitor parts stores it for next time. This way you don't waste any electrikery and its worth at least 14 hp at the spark plugs. Try it you won't regret it.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Bad electricity really weakens performance. I drain my battery all the way to dead then fill it back up with new electricity once a week. Keeps my headlight bright and BOY does it help with the wheelies!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow that shit really worked,dynod the bike showed a 14 hp boost at the spark plugs, any Ideas for HP to the front wheel??? but get a load of this when I went to the Suzuki dealer the mechanics told me to put a heating plug on it so that I can keep the engine block warm at all time. this means no standing around to wait for the damn thing to warm up anymore , witch means better gas mileage too.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by gixxerboysevenfitty:
wow that shit really worked,dynod the bike showed a 14 hp boost at the spark plugs, any Ideas for HP to the front wheel??? but get a load of this when I went to the Suzuki dealer the mechanics told me to put a heating plug on it so that I can keep the engine block warm at all time. this means no standing around to wait for the damn thing to warm up anymore , witch means better gas mileage too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A preheat system uses a thingamewatssit called a "glow plug", diesel engines have this in them for quick starts to take load quicker (good for generator sets), so if you do this mod you will need to drill and tap a thread into your engine. Unfortunately you will need to put diesel fuel into your bike for it to work properly. And since you have another plug in your engine it spaces out any performance gains across all the types of plugs, so in the case you have seen, you will only get 7hp at the spark plugs and 7hp at the glow plugs...Still a nice gain either way..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by gixxerboysevenfitty:
Hey guy's I've heard people talking about leaving there bike on ignition over night so that the light will use up all of the old bad eletricaty,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That method works fairly good but the best
way I have found is to put the bike on a
stand and spin the rear wheel backwards
until the odometer reads zero. That flushes
all the dirty lectricity out. Then just
wind 'er back up to where it was. Last
time I did it I could feel a definate
difference in the way the switches switched.

Hope this helps,

Bo

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Don't forget you can also force new power through the wires by crossing the + and - terminals of the battery! This allows the power to recycle. Little known fact that the dealerships don't tell you, they'd rather charge you $100 to do the same exact thing! Just use a really thick wire when you do. I've been told that pouring gas all over the bike for sticker removal is especially effective when this is done at the same time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts