Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Damn..............

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I guess I shouldn't second guess their job, but why did they push that car out of the way with the humvee?

to get it off the side of the road if vehicles passed on the road these cars are no more than a few feet away you see what it did to that hum-vee. imagine if a squad was passing carring weapons or supplys like ammunition,or explosives,or worse troops.think about that thing going off beside your head when you passed it
I really can't tell what i'm looking at on the second vid

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I shouldn't second guess their job, but why did they push that car out of the way with the humvee?

to get it off the side of the road if vehicles passed on the road these cars are no more than a few feet away you see what it did to that hum-vee. imagine if a squad was passing carring weapons or supplys like ammunition,or explosives,or worse troops.think about that thing going off beside your head when you passed it
I really can't tell what i'm looking at on the second vid
It's video of a guy answering his cell phone at a Citgo station in Kansas City. haha
just kiddin'
The 2nd vid is a Predator drone guiding in a strike on a high value target. It is kind of hard to see, but if you watch near the corner of the building you can see the bomb's shadow just b4 impact. I'm not sure what kind of shell that was (maybe a GBU), but it was a pretty good size blast.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Blow it up then move it!!!!!

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
WTF did they push that car??? Throw a grenade in it then push it...

That was some of the dumbest shit that I have ever seen

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
it just goes to show you how smart marines are. if it was anyone with a higher IQ they would just blow the piece of shit car up with a garnade then move it. i have been over there and shit like that screams "i am a exploding car come near me, PLEASE". but i am glad everyone is okay.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
it just goes to show you how smart marines are. if it was anyone with a higher IQ they would just blow the piece of shit car up with a garnade then move it. i have been over there and shit like that screams "i am a exploding car come near me, PLEASE". but i am glad everyone is okay.
I'm wondering why you're so quick to bash on Marines...except that maybe you are a bit insecure about your own intelligence.

Perhaps a bit of maturity would do you some good.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm wondering why you're so quick to bash on Marines...except that maybe you are a bit insecure about your own intelligence.

You hit the nail on the head, insecurity makes people say and do stupid things. Funny how an armchair warrior can say what he would do from the safety of his home. If you are so smart and know how to conduct warfare, join up and show them how, otherwise shut your fucking mouth.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

You hit the nail on the head, insecurity makes people say and do stupid things. Funny how an armchair warrior can say what he would do from the safety of his home. If you are so smart and know how to conduct warfare, join up and show them how, otherwise shut your fucking mouth.
one thing i have been to afganistan, kosovo, bosnia, and just got back from iraq. so i have been around the block and i'm going back in two months so i guess i will just shut my fucking mouth. bitches.

and i have nothing againist marines. just some are some real works of art. just like allot of people ever where. i just just saying that i would have approached it a little different. and some people are little kids when it comes down to some one misspelling something.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was in the Army...Normally, we would call in EOD (Explosive Ordance Disposal) to check it out...I would say that the Marines took a risk in attempting to move the car...When I saw it by itself off the side of the road...I automatically thought that it was a bomb...Just think if someone got in the vehical or ground troops were pushing it on foot..

The terriorist are some coward bastards...they won't fight you straight up...they have to pull shit like this...My prayers are out there for all Service Men and Women that are in this hostile environment...

·
Registered
41 Posts
WTF did they push that car??? Throw a grenade in it then push it...

That was some of the dumbest shit that I have ever seen
Imagine you getting a blowout on the freeway, then a squad of Marines throw a grenade at it then move the wreckage out of the way. We cant just blow everything up we see. When we destroy peoples stuff over there we usally reimburse them somehow. I think it was all they could do at the time. There could have been a convoy coming through soon. Thats what we get paid for.
Good job Marines. HOO-YAH

·
Registered
227 Posts
My addition: I was in Mosul....and most of the time EOD was too busy running their own sweeps or other things to be called around to potential IED locations.... shit if you had a convoy behind you, forget about it... for about 6 months EOD was busy just detontating explosives they found upon arrival, till the warehouse caught on fire one day....man was that a fourth of july to remember!!!! I'm gonna agree with the person who said their might have been a convoy en route.... in which they did the smartest thing possible at the time.... relocate the hazard. Armored vehicle...one soldier. It was hard after a while....I imagine mostly for EOD.... we started getting ied's the size of soda cans disguised on the size of the road with trash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts