Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have an extra tank which doesnt have the breather valve on the top so i check the tank and i order one from ronayers. The thing is to small for the hole.. looks like it needs something esle there before the breather valve....

Anyone has one???????/ Help i need to paint the tank next week!

The old tank has this thing welded!

Help!

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I have a perfect blue 750/1100 tank in my basement I bought off ebay two years ago for $25!! And it has the same "big" hole!! I would like to get some info on this as well! I was thinking of matching a big ass bolt to the threads and drilling it out and tapping the threads for the small valve. Anyone have a part # for the right valve?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Astroman76

My 86 is a California model with the EXTRA large valve.
It also has a vent on the right underside that a hose connects to.
That hose connects to the (California only)canister.
You might want to check to see if that is on this tank too ?
I don't know if it will cause any problems though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Astroman76

My 86 is a California model with the EXTRA large valve.
It also has a vent on the right underside that a hose connects to.
That hose connects to the (California only)canister.
You might want to check to see if that is on this tank too ?
I don't know if it will cause any problems though.

i just checked for that. yes i does have another exit but after further inspection i found out that this exit is just another overflow thing just a bit lower than the overfolw used on the 49 state... I have to bend it a bit and would work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a CA tank that I don't need, and it has the valve on it, but the tank has a huge dent in it, the tank could be repaired but I have no need for it. I'll look at it tomorrow and check the hole size and see if it will work, if so, it's yours.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah I think I'd also take that one way valve and head to a hardware store and see if I could find a brass reducer that would work.
Bobbychet
I agree or a stainless steel bushing would work something like this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.