Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Don't do it outside in strong windy conditions, no... wait. Do it outside in strong windy conditions, but position the bike so as the wind will carry the overspray away from the bike. Don't stand downwind either, no ... wait. Do stand downwind if ya want. You were only asking about the mess on the bike.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This has to be one of the most senseless questions I have ever seen. It is time that I reveal my secret to you all. Many years ago I discovered a new lube on the market called ID millenium. This stuff is great and you can use it everywhere. The best part is that it is completely clear. The stuff will never dry so it is ultra long lasting and its silky smooth formula makes things go so much easier regardless of where youre sticking it. If I were you I would order a case of it immediately. Its pricey but worth its weight in gold. Go to www.IDLUBE.com

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
I'd just do it Flesh style and
on it...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bad,I was trying to ask if anyone knows of a product to oil my chain that will not make a total mess of my bike?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Turtle Wax makes a great one...if you cut the sides down you can just run your chain through it. Works better if the chain is really hot though.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I use the wax based stuff that's clear. As mentioned, it's best to put on while the chain is warm.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
You could of course just convert to belt drive. The timing belt from a Civic Type R fits the stock sprockets perfectly (because of the R). Way less maintenance, you just have to wash it in rice water every 4000 miles - or after 10 or so stop light drag races, puts a lot of wear on it...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
My bad,I was trying to ask if anyone knows of a product to oil my chain that will not make a total mess of my bike?
Solidified Lard like CRISCO is made exactly for this reason - no mess. Just pure white bliss.

If CRISCO is difficult to find in your area, you can always drain the fat off your meats and put it in a bowl along with your chain, and freeze them both overnight.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
KY I tell you. Damn didn't we discuss this in another post? Didn't wolph ask about this one?

KY has that new warming lube too and if you chain is cold it will warm it for you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
PJ 1 Blue label. It's clear, works great, one of it's selling qualities is it won't fling off. You have to let it set up for about 15 minuites before you ride. I use it on all my bikes. K5 1K, K4 600, RM 125, LT-Z250, DRZ80, Bicycles,...........everything ! Great product, try it !

·
Registered
298 Posts
finally got my tube of IDLube from germany and let me tell you great stuff, now, can anyone please tell me how to dislodge my johnson from my rear sprocket....

This has to be one of the most senseless questions I have ever seen. It is time that I reveal my secret to you all. Many years ago I discovered a new lube on the market called ID millenium. This stuff is great and you can use it everywhere. The best part is that it is completely clear. The stuff will never dry so it is ultra long lasting and its silky smooth formula makes things go so much easier regardless of where youre sticking it. If I were you I would order a case of it immediately. Its pricey but worth its weight in gold. Go to www.IDLUBE.com
Great stuff...

·
Registered
39 Posts
You have an O-ring type chain, so all you need to do is clean the chain with some mineral spirits and then spray it real good with some WD-40. Do not use any type of grease though, it will cause the o-rings to swell and fall apart. Make sure your chain is as tight as you can get it also (no more than .2 inches of flex total).

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
You have an O-ring type chain, so all you need to do is clean the chain with some mineral spirits and then spray it real good with some WD-40. Do not use any type of grease though, it will cause the o-rings to swell and fall apart.
For a sec', I thought you were giving a serious answer here, and we know that ain't allowed in the squiod farm.

Make sure your chain is as tight as you can get it also. (no more than .2 inches of flex total)
Never mind. It's all good. Carry on.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Use that shit that the body builders use. That way if you need to pose, you can get some off the chain.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Use that shit that the body builders use. That way if you need to pose, you can get some off the chain.
If you need some just hit up SVS. His wife has plenty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone know of a way of oiling your chain without making a mess of your bike?

The chain needs to be lubed while it's warm (after a 10min ride) that way the shit sticks to it, and doesn't spray around after you ride away.. also you can use any kind of lube not being worried it will make a mess of your bike.

my 2 cents to all of ya
's out there

·
Registered
298 Posts
works better if you spray it on while doing a knee on the seat wheelie. that way the chain stays hot and the downward slope of the wheelie keeps the lube flowing down toward the rear sprocket...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts