Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostley run 8th mile......best run this year was 7.057 at 108.45 I was amazed with the mph...I haven't gotten up that high since that 1 cool night. 106 is the best i can get lately(humid as hell up here!) What do you run.....and how many bikes do u race usually? We have NO dragbike scene up in maine. It's all goddam snowmobiles that are set up for dragracing. Thats the class they through me in
We get a few dragbikes now and again but thats about it. Whats it like where u are?

nice to see a fellow gixxer dragracer!

·
Registered
316 Posts
oldskoolgix-
My bike is a 1216cc with headwork & bigger valves. I have been running from 9.74 to mid 9.90s depending on the humidity & temp. Best pass so far this season was...

60' 1.682
330' 4.222
1/8 6.330
1/8 mph 116.19
1000' 8.166
1/4 9.746
1/4 mph 141.91

I race mostly at Englishtown Raceway Park and the scene is pretty good here. There is a 60" no bars ET class on saturday nights. I work saturdays so I miss it. Although I took the day off two saturdays ago and took 2nd place
. I used to run on sundays but you have to run against bar bikes and sleds and they are consistant as hell and it cost twice as much to race ($40). Now I just do wed. & fri. night time shots. There is usually 20 or so bikes there on a good night but 200+ cars so there is a lot of waiting for the next run. But the bike needs to cool down so its not so bad.

I'll see if I can find some slips from when the bike was an 1127 to compare but I think you are running pretty good.

BTW what is your 60' & 330 like?

-Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 60 foot times are horrible and i know it!! I'm usually in the 1.8 range.....sometimes i dip into the 1.7's....but thats on a good night. I raced with pussy bars on an 871100 I had.......I really didn't care for it. All my 89 has is....tie down strap, V+H sidewinder, stage 3 jetkit, and 60,000 miles on the motor!!!! I'm still lovin it cause I beat the pants of a Honda 929 the other night lol!!! My bike is 12 years older and still runs with the new ones.........gesh the old gixxers were WAY ahead of there time!!!

I'm gonna go with a 4" extention next year....no more racing funds
this year.....after that I'll start with the motor..........

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sounds like you are having fun........A friend of mine runs a special with a Gixxer oil cooled motor + nitrous + shifter + turbo and is running under 9 seconds on a quarter mile, killing every other road bike

the old oil coilers are still there after more than 10 years, as you say.

Glad that you are enjoying yourself anyway.

Andy

[ 06-30-2002, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Andy James ]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Oldskoolgix-
Your 60's aren't bad just keep practicing and you'll see em come down. When you bring your 60's down you'll see a nice change in your ET as well. Soften the rear suspension (if you haven't already) so she squats good and comes back up slow...you'll see a difference.

My freinds at the track always bust my balls and tell me why do you give yourself a headache tuning and messing with that old bike... get a busa. I DON'T WANT A BUSA!!! I love the old oilcooled bikes and wouldn't give mine up for something new. I prefer to tune with screwdrivers and wrenches not a notebook computer. 10 years old and still kickin' ass!

So here's to the oilcooled

Long live the Oilcooled!

Andy-
Keep the fire burnin' over there in the U.K.

-Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dave,
Thanks its an Airtech unit, modified to fit my big ass!!
8-10 TSP arm, Macintosh links, busa wheel, MT tire, Schnitz strap. I have 1/2 a N20 kit but like I read before budget doesnt allow for a controller so I will just get more seat time this year. kt

·
Registered
47 Posts
We had to cut the first hump in half & then tightened it up alittle to sit on the frame rails, its held on in the back by the original bolt & nothing in the front. Works ok so far raced it 2 times with new tail.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greats pics.....and thats a very cool website! There is an event in New Hampshire called "street fighter" which sounds like the same idea. I gonna make the drive this weekend and enter my old gix. Last time I went it rained
It'll be worth it not to have to race those damn snowmobiles for a change!!

Judging from what I saw last time I was there I'll be on the only "olskool" bike.......It'll probably be 12 busas, 3 gixxer 1000's, 2 zx-12's......and little ol me

Look for me I'll be the "wolf in sheeps clothing"

I'll bring the digital and get some pics to post

·
Registered
178 Posts
i raced last friday nite and won! (its been a while) my best pass for the nite (air was terrible) was a 10.64 at 129. my 60 fts. were 1.68 to 1.70s. my bike is running pretty well for stock!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am not a dragracer but I ran the 1/4 in 10.97 with a speed of 124.5. Doesn't sound that good but I had the gearing all wrong and redlined in sixth way before the finish. I never did get a good pass with the nitrous. And the wheelie bars well I took them off. If all went well and I put a good dragracer on the thing It would have ran high 9's here at a mile high. I think you get about a second faster at sea level so I will call it high 8's. All from a 750
Where is that new 1000 I was looking for him.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yosh-
I don't know about getting a n/a 750 into the 8s at sea level but I'd be quite impressed by a n/a oilcooled 750 running high 9s at sea level.
-Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
Originally posted by OilCooler92:
Yosh-
I don't know about getting a n/a 750 into the 8s at sea level but I'd be quite impressed by a n/a oilcooled 750 running high 9s at sea level.
-Dave
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well It is not stock. I have done just about all you can do without adding some boost. My buddy got to 151 MPH on his ZX11 and with street roll ons mine was always faster, he hated that. One of the mistakes I made was not to run a second button on the N2O. I only ran the activation and full throttle and with alot of button you could not get to close to full throttle in 1-3 or it would loop. Not so smart or fast. I do think I could get a high 9'S without N2O at sea level but I would really like to take it to bonnivle and get a 200 MPH slip. I think I am good for about 185 w/o button and just over 200 with.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man now thats one mean olskool ya got there Yosh!!! You should put a couple big ol "750" decals on that sucker so all the boys on the "big bore" bikes jaws will drop when you toast em!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I especially like it when it's a f3 / 900RR. They always think about picking on me. I saw someone here that had a plate Ulost. to bad it's taken.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeh, I keep thinking about putting the 750 decals on mine also to mess with peoples minds!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts