Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have L7 7000miles, only track days.
For this moment I have motul 300v 10/50
Wondering if I’m using correct and best of best oil.
maybe someone can give recommendations which oil is best for track days and safe for engine?
Maybe someone use other oil ?please help
Summer time 35-40C /95-105F
Fuel 91-93 / 95-98 Europe

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s the amount of esters that makes it so good, have torn down race engines after a Season and the engines look incredible, the only thing with it is you have to stay on top of oil changes, def every 2000 miles, but for sure from what I’ve seen as far as internal engine wear it’s top notch oil

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Stuck with R9000 for the first few K miles. Now I have joined the Amsoil cult. Use their filter also. So far, bike hasn't exploded.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys. Is Motul 300v fully synthetic the best to use for street riding etc too? Got my 4k service coming up. Can't see in the workshop manual where it states fully synthetic or not. Also, what kind of sump drain bolt washer is required?

Cheers (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes absolutely, just remember you need to stay on top of it, it’s not an oil you should leave in for 5 6000 miles, you don’t need to change the washer if that’s what your asking

·
Registered
23 Posts
I plan to service it following the service shedule for street use. It had the 600 mile service done by the Suzuki dealership I bought it from. So it's coming up to 4000 miles now, and I am buying the necessary items for it. The oil would see approx 3500 miles. Is this OK? So the sump washer is reusable then? Is it not a crush fit item? Thank you.

Cheers (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes it’s totally reusable, 3500 is ok, I’m prob a little on the extreme side I change mine every 2000, oil is the best love you can show your bike, again some people might think that’s extreme, but in my years of racing sand riding on the street I have blown a motor, so I’m not fixing anything that’s not broke lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey. Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and order it then. Do you change your oil at 2000 miles for a street bike?

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes it’s totally reusable, 3500 is ok, I’m prob a little on the extreme side I change mine every 2000, oil is the best love you can show your bike, again some people might think that’s extreme, but in my years of racing sand riding on the street I have blown a motor, so I’m not fixing anything that’s not broke lol

I change every 2K on bikes as well, the difference between cars and bikes is the bikes use the oil for the tranny and clutch too so getting out that dirty oil with clutch material is a great idea.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I'm sure you can get away with not changing the washer but it is absolutely a "crush washer" and is recommended to be changed every time. Part number for washer is 09168-14004 and they are cheap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome thank you. Just ordered a couple from ebay. Much appreciated. Just out of interest, does servicing the bike yourself affect warranty later?

Cheers (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts