Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have tried Penrite in both my car and bike - yeah not a fan.
When doing the oil change Ive found it goes very thin and drains out like black water, in the bike I also noticed notchy gear changes as well and that was using there specific motorbike oil MC4ST 15W - 50.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mate got 70 bikes and use Penrite 15w-50HPR semi synthetic with added zinc in pretty much all of them and have no issues. The Panigale is probably the only one I don't run it in. Remember opinions on oil are like bums - everyone's got one!

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mate got 70 bikes and use Penrite 15w-50HPR semi synthetic with added zinc in pretty much all of them and have no issues. The Panigale is probably the only one I don't run it in. Remember opinions on oil are like bums - everyone's got one!
>:) Thank you for that Mate,the oil in pick I use in Z32 TT, Commodore Celica and now in my 2 GSXR,ss
RIP Rob :Martin Cheers Peter RTE38 :cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I agree, find what you like and stick with it because everyone will have a different option.
Ive been using Nulon 10W-40 or 15W-40 both Semi Synthetic JASO MA and have no issues - get it on special and its only around $30 for 5L and because its cheap I do more regular oil changes.
What makes me laugh is the Clymer Suzuki Manual recommends you change your oil every 30 days :surprise: - yes you read that correct !

·
Premium Member
4,689 Posts
Hey Pete,

I like Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic 5W-40.

I read a massive writeup on oil types about 10 years ago and the bottom line was that oil cooled motorcycles share a lot of the environmental issues that diesel engines have, so Rotella T6 seems like a good fit.

My 85 GSXR must have at least 150,000 Kms on the engine now and it keeps going strong with Rotella. I just put another 2,200km on the bike over a 4 day trip last week. Shifts great and runs smooth.

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Pete,

I like Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic 5W-40.

I read a massive writeup on oil types about 10 years ago and the bottom line was that oil cooled motorcycles share a lot of the environmental issues that diesel engines have, so Rotella T6 seems like a good fit.

My 85 GSXR must have at least 150,000 Kms on the engine now and it keeps going strong with Rotella. I just put another 2,200km on the bike over a 4 day trip last week. Shifts great and runs smooth.

Cheers,
Andrew
Just checked in and thank you for reply.Love to see a pick of your 85 GSXR Please.:thumbup
Cheers Peter RTE38:cheers
RIP Rob :Martin

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts