Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 91/2 GSXR 750 has an oil temp gauge installed on the lower front of the the motor, just down and to the right of the oil filter(if your looking at the front of the motor). it's installed into a fitting, what i want to know is what was in the fitting originaly or was the front of the motor drilled and tapped to install this.

------------------
Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to Die.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jeff. that's kind of what i thought, i just wanted another opinion. whoever did the mods on this bike knew what they were doing.

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
yeah, if you look at the front of the motor, next to the oil filter you should see a flat allen head bolt that faces forward on the oil pan.

lockhart sells digital oil temp gauges. you'll also need to splice in the power for the gauge somewhere, and the readout is in celsius. the oil will probably needs to be drained as well, so you might want to hold off until your next oil change.

sorry, i don't know the thread size and pitch offhand.

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/Daytona.html

damn, it's $99.95 now. when i bought it years ago, it was around $200. yoshimura also used to sell one for like $249 that was backlit.

the gauge is very handy - you can see exactly how hot the oil gets.

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts
thanx Jeff... when are you going to write a book so that us squids can amass u're knowledge?

BTW, I see u are in NY also... i would imagine manhattan? I am out on the island, about 1/2 way..

------------------
Formula956
[email protected]
formula956.gixxer.com

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
formula956,

Jeff is like a god around here.

All pray the allmighty Jeff, Master of all motorcyle knowledge.

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts