Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep smelling oil, not burning oil like on headers, but like a raw oil smell. Couldnt figure out where it was coming from. There has been no oil dripping on the ground, and around the motor there was no smell, but I found out it was coming out of the exhaust.

The can smells like oil. I cant remember smelling this before my crash, I wonder what could of happened. I've probably put on over 2,000 miles since the crash, and the bike still runs fine. Does anyone else smell oil from thier exhaust?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Have you recently done an oil change? If so, you might have an oil smell coming from your exhaust because you put too much oil in the bike. Try and see if you notice a plumy bluish smoke coming from the exhaust when revving the RPMs high. If this occurs, you got too much oil in the bike. Drain some and you will be fine (or if it is barely overfilled it will burn off). Later,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.