Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any problems encountered when switching from a regular oil to a high quality synthetic??? The guy who owned my bike before used basic motorcycle oil......I'd like to switch to a high performance synthetic............

thanks1013142922.gif

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
On my wet clutch Kawi it the tranny and the clutch were smoother after the switch. I don't know if I can tell on my Dry clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Love full synth. Babies the gearbox a lot more, not to mention the rest of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by oldskoolgix:
[QB]Are there any problems encountered when switching from a regular oil to a high quality synthetic??? The guy who owned my bike before used basic motorcycle oil......I'd like to switch to a high performance synthetic............

some ppl say you should not put fully synth in a higher milage engine if it has not been run on it before. Is this true? if so is 20k miles to higher a milage as i was going to put fully synth in my bike

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mobil 1 15/50 synthetic the car version is just FINE your engine and gearbox will like you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by doug:
Mobil 1 15/50 synthetic the car version is just FINE your engine and gearbox will like you.<hr></blockquote>

I agree with Doug, I use Wal Mart 5 W 50 in my 86 GSXR 750 it works flawlessly. 15 w 50 or 5w 50 in synthetic form is great, I just prefer to save a bit of $$ over Mobil 1 since I change the oil in 3500 KM (2200 miles) anyways.

Sven

1 - 6 of 6 Posts