Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing. Just bought a 07 GSXR 600 with 14k miles. Not sure what type of oil the previous owners(s) have been using but I do have a question. If i decide to go with a Full Synthetic, can i? even if full synthetic has never been ran through it? Also, if do go with full synthetic, do I have to stay with that, once i start putting it in? Lastly, I was wondering what everyone thought of putting Amsoil in?
Thanks,

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,375 Posts
Amsoil is way overpriced IMO.

Run whatever oil you want the meets the manufacturer guidelines. Synthetic, blend, conventional.... doesn't matter. Switching doesn't matter either.... kinda why blends exist.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Amsoil is a pyramid scheme. Don't buy it.

Yes, you can use full synthetic. Just make sure it is wet-clutch approved.

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Automotive (car) oils have friction modifiers that can cause wet clutches to slip.
Not saying they will slip but the propensity is there.
I ran Mobil1 car oil in my ZX-11 with no slippage but every clutch is different.
If you want to play it safe run a motorcycle approved motor oil without said "friction modifiers"

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Automotive (car) oils have friction modifiers that can cause wet clutches to slip.
Not saying they will slip but the propensity is there.
I ran Mobil1 car oil in my ZX-11 with no slippage but every clutch is different.
If you want to play it safe run a motorcycle approved motor oil without said "friction modifiers"
:shifty

Who let you back in Warren?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
THE SRADIATOR
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing