Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there !
I was wandering if any one outh there hade the same prolbem as me. Basicly the problem that i'm talking is the oil presure light is coming on when the bike reaches between 80-90 degree. Light comes on only when i ride on sllow speed or when I change gears. When I reve it over 3k rpm light switches off. I stoped to a bike shop to ask about the light they said to me that probably it needs a new oil.
I did change the oil but the problem is still there. Could it be that the oil switch is messing around or is it more serius than that.
The reason why I am asking for some advise here is that mos of the bike shops that I have been they are asking the fortune to check my bike.
Probably it is a very small thing but as most of the bike shops they will tell you that is a serious problem and it will take few hours to find out about the problem.

Any advise would be appertiatetd.
Regards
Valonqe

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
hopefully its just a bad oil press sensor. what oil are you using 20w-50, 10w40, etc? have you changed the oil filter as well?

if its not the oil press sensor, then Id guess you have some serious wear inside that engine....

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You need to do an oil pressure ck on that engine. This will tell you if you have a problem with the sensor or if your motor is hurt. If you will take the lower fairings off a shop should be able to do it in just a few minutes. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts