Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to replace my oil pan because the owner before me cross threaded the pan. Made it work for one oil change but now its too far gone for repair. Only situation is I removed the pan and will have a new one in couple days but the gasket is backordered from Suzuki until at least middle of July. Tried everywhere locally but no luck. The original (2014) gasket seems to be in great condition can I reuse it?

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,845 Posts
It's best practice to replace the gasket...it has been compressed and subjected to countless heat cycles etc.
However, if it's in good shape and it's all you have to work with...I could still sleep at night.
Torque the pan bolts as per the service manual and keep an eye on it.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,411 Posts
7 ft lb
It used to be that no gasket was used and Suzuki Bond 1215 sealed things up. Not ideal but that ought to work now. Alternately apply Suzuki Bond or equivalent to the used gasket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perfect okay thank you I will look into it. was also thinking the same thing to possibly use some sort of gasket sealer. Can I potentially make my own with gasket material?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,411 Posts
I think they're all the same and made by Three Bond, ex. Three Bond 1215, with a different label slapped on. Permatex makes some that also ought to work and be more readily available. But you'll have to wade through their product sheets to figure out which one to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts