Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my 2013 gsxr 600 this spring just did my first oil and filter change (600km) and was wondering if anyone knows offhand if I have the bike on a rear stand how much will the oil level in the window change when on the ground? its just much easier to work and check it on the stand

I cant recal the ML the manual said but I thought it took a bit more then the manual said?

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my 99 600 there is no oil showing when on side stand, just a little left in the window.

It needs to be held up right on flat ground to get a reading which can be done on my own but is much easier having someone to help.

*I've just realised you mean rear paddock stand dont you? - So my input is irrelevant. I'll leave it here in case its useful to another newbie like myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also just did my first oil/filter change on a 2013 GSXR 600. Drained the oil properly while on rear stand with filter removed and also let it drain while on the side stand. I put it on both rear and front stands for the refill. Including filling the filter halfway before re-installing it, my bike took 2.81 QT.
(2 QT + 26 OZ = 2.81 QT).

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
NEVER go by volume - it's ONLY so you know how much to buy! That goes for all fluids.

The bike has to be upright and flat on the ground (or on two equally tall stands) when checking the oil level. The oil glass is at the rear of the crank case so if you have the bike on a rear stand only, it'll show quite a bit less and you'll overfill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts