Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed my oil. Should the oil window appear full to the top when my bike is uprite. Right now its 3/4 filled. I put in 2.6 quarts like the manual says. Thx.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
There's a Min and a Max mark - as long as it's between them it's just fine :thumbup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for replying man. But my window doesn't seem to have a min max mark unless I'm an idiot wich is a distinct possibility. The window itself is 3/4 full tho. It doesn't say f or l or min or max

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey whats up guys

I know I'm opening an old thread, but it was the closest I could find to my question..

Did an oil change and poured a bit too much (attached pic)... do I need to drain some of this or do you think it's okay?

if I need to drain some oil, can i just open the oil drain plug slightly to let some out or maybe empty some from the oil filter? (did the change with amsoil so if i can avoid having to redo it that would help my wallet)

Thanks in advance :punk

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like it's AT the FULL mark, so it should be fine, but I'd let a bit out anyway.
Just loosen the drain bolt to let a little out, just go slowly so you don't let too much out. As you said, you paid good money for it :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts