Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:bangheadI dont inderstand where this leak is coming from it seems to be leaking out of my stator cover. It seems to leak only while its running.. i cant think of anything that could leak unless there is a seal under the stator around the shaft but is that leaking common. any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
My first guess would be the clutch push rod seal located behind the sprocket cover.

Second guess would be the countershaft seal, also located behind the sprocket cover and behind the sprocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
being that my bike is a rebuild i decided to finally take off my fairing to find a small crack in the cover imagine that right..lol but now that i found the problem im working on the solution (replace the stator cover) so wish me luck

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
being that my bike is a rebuild i decided to finally take off my fairing to find a small crack in the cover imagine that right..lol but now that i found the problem im working on the solution (replace the stator cover) so wish me luck
Hey it Could of been Worst..Be happy it was only the Cover and Nothing more.But what made that Crack? :shifty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the bike wrecked and it had slight road rash on that side but unknowingly i rode it and noticed the oil on my shoe. i guess the impact on that side must have damaged the cover it dont take much to damage aluminum LOL..

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought an 01 gsxr 750. after riding for a few minutes the tail pipe starts smoking and looks to have oil at end of pipe. is this from the last owner doing stunts on it or a blown engine? (dont know how to post new post yet)

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine was leaking from the rubber seal where the wires come though at the top of the stator cover. Used some gasket silicon and filled gaps around the wires, works a treat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts