Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GSXR 600 with 20k miles on it. I bought the last November 2019 and there was no issues. After buying I changed the oil and the coolant. Thats it. After riding around 300 miles I see milky type (latte) in the coolant reservoir.

The temperature never raised. I thought as the bike is old the radiator would have been clogged with dirt so I changed the radiator. Now I still see oil in the coolant. I checked of there was any milky type white in the oil window and there was none.

Can any one say is it the water pump, Oil cooler, freeze plug, head gasket?

Head gasket I dont think as there is no white smoke or heating issue. May be water pump or oil cooler?

Any help is appreciated. If I can get step by step instruction I can fix it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same issue on my K7 GSX-R750 and it turned out to be the oil cooler. It was a pretty easy fix. Just have to change the oil and coolant again after replacing the oil cooler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ Scorpio750 You are right. I removed to see if it was the water pump and checked the seal and that was fine. Next I removed the oil cooler and bypassed the connection as I did not have pressure tester kit I ran the bike thrice and drained the coolant to see if any oil was there and the coolant was clean.

I have ordered oil cooler, Oil and Filter will change it and go for a long ride.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I had the same issue on my K7 GSX-R750 and it turned out to be the oil cooler. It was a pretty easy fix. Just have to change the oil and coolant again after replacing the oil cooler.
Easy fix is what we like. Is the oil cooler, oil system, connected to the radiator? I'm trying to understand how oil can get into the cooling system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Oil Coolers are connected directly to the radiator. This mechanism can be found in cars as well. I was expecting it to be the head gasket keeping the age of the bike as I have a 07 GSXR 600 with 20k miles on it. But it saved my time, All that I will have to do is change the oil cooler, fresh oil and filter and then I am done for a big ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts