Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently had his bike knocked over in a parking lot where it sat for about 10-12 hours before he noticed and picked it up. He let it sit for a week due to damage before riding. We went out and rode today for the 1st time since it was dropped. His exhaust was smoking badly and riding behind him I noticed a smell of burning oil. When we stopped we noticed that oil was leaking out of his exhaust where the slip-on meets the existing pipe into the manifold. A small puddle of oil collected in where the 2 fairings meet which was splashing onto his tire and oil was present in the rear tip of the slip-on. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem???? Any help is appreciated, thanks fellas.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My bike fell on its right side for only about 3 minutes, and since then I smell Oil. Not actually a burning smell, but a raw smell, and the smell comes out of the exhaust also. My air cleaner is kind of gummed up, and I'm hoping thats where its comming from.

·
Registered
657 Posts
it the bike stays on its side for a long time a small amount of oil will make its way into the cylender head and through the exhaust port. remove the exhaust and clean it out with brake rotor cleaner it won't leave a residue but most importantly its non-flamable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it seamed as we rode that it stopped smoking and leaking. I was guessing that is was just burning off the oil that leaked in there. Thanks for the info on brake rotor cleaner...didn't think of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.