Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GSXR and quite a few other Suzuki vehicles use a proprietary thread pitch for the filter.

List of filters known to fit

These Oil Filters
have 20 x 1mm threads,
11 psi by-pass valve,
anti-drain back valve.
This is a proprietary Suzuki
thread
  • AMSOil SMF 109
  • Bike Master 314-0025
  • Champion PH7016
  • Cycle Power 314-1919
  • Emgo 10-55662
  • Emgo 10-55660
  • Fram PH6018
  • Hi-Flo HF138
  • J.C.Whitney ZX063166P
  • K&N 138
  • NAPA 1359 / WIX 51359
  • NAPA PS7937
  • Parts Unlimited
  • Per-Form J-509
  • ProPart 01-0029
  • Purolator ML16818
  • STP SMO-18
  • Suzuki 16510-03G00-X07
  • VESRAH vsf-3009
  • WIX 57937

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the K&N, or the OEM Suzuki filter. Nothing else

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
There was a test somewhere. I think it was from B.I.T.O.G.
The K&N's did well as did several others.
Much to my surprise Emgo's rated high as did the Wallyworld Supertechs!

·
Registered
134 Posts
dang i thought i posted the link in my reply.. oh well..
pearljam, theres no supertech filter that fits the gsxr. u hafta get the conversion piece that the sradiator posted to use supertech ST7317

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gotcha, thanks Ninja. Thanks for the post, Joe.
yo pearljam.. i did the conversion and threw on the supertech st7313.. if youre going to use it, you would have to take off the headers to change the oil filter everytime since its taller than the regular suzuki oil filters... i switched the the supertech st6607 and it fits perfectly like the oem suzuki.. no need to take the headers off during oil changes.. just a heads up..

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
yo pearljam.. i did the conversion and threw on the supertech st7313.. if youre going to use it, you would have to take off the headers to change the oil filter everytime since its taller than the regular suzuki oil filters... i switched the the supertech st6607 and it fits perfectly like the oem suzuki.. no need to take the headers off during oil changes.. just a heads up..
Thanks a lot for letting me know. I bought the adapter, but won't be putting it on anytime soon. As I just recently changed my oil with an oem filter. I intended on buying the st7313 in the future though. I thought what you confirmed was going to be a problem. But, I was waiting to check it out for myself. Is the 6607 wider than oem ? I hope. Thanks :cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks a lot for letting me know. I bought the adapter, but won't be putting it on anytime soon. As I just recently changed my oil with an oem filter. I intended on buying the st7313 in the future though. I thought what you confirmed was going to be a problem. But, I was waiting to check it out for myself. Is the 6607 wider than oem ? I hope. Thanks :cheers
sorry i dont think so.. the 6607 looks to be the same size as the oem suzuki one.. i like the idea of the 7313 but i dont want to have to take the fairings and headers off everytime i change the oil.. ill just stick with the 6607's now.. atleast its only $2.80/filter now.. haha

·
Biased Multi Level Marketing Dealer - take into co
382 Posts
From the top....

There is no such thing as an AMSOIL SMF-109 it is an EAOM-109 for 5 years now and it is a different filter.

Scott's filter: This is a racing filter. If you care about your bike, it is not the filter for you. If you do not have a Sonic cleaner, this is not the filter for you. If you enjoy playing in dirty oil to change/clean it, this is the filter for you.

Nissan?: I am showing only Suzuki and Arctic Cat

K&N: Doesn't filter that great. Just has a gimmicky nut.

DO NOT use a Purolator Pure One ! They can cause oil pressure issues and that is the life of your engine.

the calsci website is just cut aparts. Other than construction, you cannot tell if a filter is any good as there were NO tests performed.

There is more to a filter than thread and O-Ring.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
From the top....

DO NOT use a Purolator Pure One ! They can cause oil pressure issues and that is the life of your engine.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob
How? There are a lot of Yamaha and Kawasaki bikes running them and there doesn't seem to be any reported issues. You know how the internet is. One failure and everyone will know about it.

Given that the bypass valve is within a few psi of the Suzuki OEM and well within the pump pressure capacity and given that the filter is designed for larger car engines that would possibly flow more oil where can the problem be?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
18 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing