Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a normal adjustable oil filter tool fit? If not, where can I find the correct size? I did a search and came up with nothing. I asked the dealer and of course they dont carry it (conflict of interest basically).

Thanks guys

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Oneida Suzuki has them.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just bought a small strap-style wrench from my local auto parts store. I find it's easier then trying to fit the end-cap style tools on near hot exhaust headers. Like 4 bucks, no waiting for shipping. If you aren't sure which one to buy, measure the diameter of the filter. The wrench packaging should say what sizes it fits.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I got one at my local auto parts store too. Just take a filter down there and see if any of their wrenches fit. Or, if you want the easy way, I believe that I heard that K&N oil filters have a nut on the top, so no special wrench is needed (might be a problem with pipe clearance though). Good luck!

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
I got one at my local auto parts store too. Just take a filter down there and see if any of their wrenches fit. Or, if you want the easy way, I believe that I heard that K&N oil filters have a nut on the top, so no special wrench is needed (might be a problem with pipe clearance though). Good luck!
same thing i did........and lucky for me it is the same size as the women's car, so i killed 2 birds with one stone

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.