Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what year had the better oil cooler? Anyway I need a new cooler and lines for my 88. I'm guessing the lines are prob gonna have to be from another 88 or 89 bein that it has the shorter stroke. I'd rather have a race cooler if anyone has one layin around.

------------------

·
Registered
139 Posts
In a Suzuki cooler, you want the curved one, off 90 and up 750/1100. The lines will be a little too long, but nothing you cannot handle, with ties to the frame.

Well worth the 1-200 they fetch, in decent shape with lines. 33% extra cooling that bolts right on.

------------------
1990 GSXR750, reasonably modded

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's right I thought there was a curved one. They want 300 for a straight one down here , with no lines. Do you know of any sources? Thanx.

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldSchoolGixxer:
That's right I thought there was a curved one. They want 300 for a straight one down here , with no lines. Do you know of any sources? Thanx.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheesh...if you start hitting the $300 mark, you might want to start looking at the aftermarket ones, eg Earl's.

------------------

·
Registered
805 Posts
There is an oil cooler like you are looking for on Ebay right now. Item # 579500196.

Good Luck!

------------------

"Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what happened!"
'86 1100G
2 - '87 1100H
'88 1100J
And a few Harleys

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wish I could use the scroll button on the right of my screen, it would have showed me that the oil cooler had already been posted. Duuuuhh for me!

------------------
1990 GSXR750, reasonably modded

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do you need to do any mods to fit the curved oil filter to the short stroke 88-89 model years?

------------------
We are men of action, lies do not become us. Are there rocks ahead? If there are, we'll all be dead.

·
Registered
805 Posts
No, it will fit. The lines will have a little bit of slack in them and will need to be tie wrapped to the frame.

------------------

"Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what happened!"
'86 1100G
2 - '87 1100H
'88 1100J
And a few Harleys

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey i bought a brand new curved oil cooler for my 90, 2 years ago($500). if you want i'll sell it to ya for $3500.... oh yeah well the bike comes with it. lol good luck finding what ya need i had searched high and low to find a used one. no luck

------------------

1990 gsx-r 750
my first ride
(and a pic of my monsters)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found a curved cooler off a 91 with lines for $275. Best I could find , at this point I don't care . That's all I needed to get this thing runnin. Thanx for everyones help.

------------------

·
Registered
805 Posts
The one on Ebay that we told you about, went for $79.

------------------

'86 1100G
2 - '87 1100H
'88 1100J
And a few Harleys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts