Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with HEL oil cooler kits? I was thinking about getting one. Pros/cons welcome.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have had good luck with Earl's UK. Never heard of HEL do you hava a web address?
Bones

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Except for the metric adaptors they seem the same as Aeroquip. All those fittings look the same as the ones I used (see photolink in my profile) for my extra oil coolers. Earls UK seems to stock everything, Earls US is hit-or-miss.

Those coolers look very nice. Almost like a "factory bike" from the old days.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've never heard of that company, but having just got an Earl's, let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. Here's a pic ...

Sorry 'bout photo quality ... cheapo digital cam.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have an H-E-L cooler on my Bandit 1200 (1216cc @ 12.5+:1)... the kit fit well, looks really good on the bike, and definitely brought in-the-pan oil temps down 20°F - 30°F.

First cooler I received had a slight-but-unacceptable leak; HEL replaced it immediately with no argument.

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
If I remember correctly, HEL are German, and per the mags (what the fuck do I know!) are good quality.

The Earl's Indy shop has some pretty decent guys on the phone, but really, without the catalog and some knowledge of fittings etc., it can be a real pain.

Basically, you can buy the oil cooler you want in the USA to save some $$$ and then buy the fussy little bits to fit the Suzuki to the cooler from Earl's UK. Don't be shy about telling the UK that you are buying a cooler in the USA. Give them the number and talk special fittings over email etc. They are top fellows and know their shit.

For general hints on part numbers USA and UK, give me some specific shit via email at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have dealt with Earls over here in the UK and they are a damn fine bunch of people.
I advise you to use them.

I have a friend who was sponsored by hel and they didn't come up with the promised goods, therefore I don't like them

Andy

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
how about a link to earls uk??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts