Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've been working on a project for 2 years. One thing that I forgot over the winter is to get a oil cooer for my bike. My is leaking and fixing it is not possible (at least I don't think it is possible.). I live in the Hamilton area. Does anyone know where I could get one???The one that was fitted to my bike was the 91/92 curved oil cooler, but I would make the 89-90 gsxr 1100 work, I think they are the same appart for the curve....Please HELP.
Lubos

·
Registered
622 Posts
Lubos, did you get the bike out of the shop yet????? Ya gotta send some update pics. I got mine semi finished this week. Do you know any guys selling race scrub in good shape ?

Cheers
Ry

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ry,

Yup, got the bike back from the shop. Looks great if you can look past the unpainted panels. Just one problem, I need an oil cooler. Mr.Gixxer was nice enough to reply,so I sent him some text and an offer, hopefully he'll write back with something...
The shop couldn't fit the belly pan, which is ok, I'll cut it up to make it fit, I have no concience...
The bike looks like an old racer. No speedo, lights, gauges (except tach). The bike looks evil. I don't want to email pics untill its at least pained. It will be a boring black, but I don't feel like thinking up something complicated. Besides my leather are black as well as my helmet....
SCRUBS???? Yeah I can get you some, get back to me and I'll hook you up. I don't know what is cheap, but I pay 150-200 for ones in great shape. I put 1500 km on my of hard riding at the Deal's Gap, and they look they are still good for another 5K-7K. I think the ones I got were Pirellis. I know a guy that rents out race bikes and he's got a deal with a tire supplier.....
Lubos

·
Registered
622 Posts
MrGeezer, I finished my trainning today so I'll be around more often now. This weekend is a write off though.

Ludos, if you could get super corsas I'd take two sets.

When are you getting it painted? Why don't you paint it with spray bombs?

Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Ry,
I just caller my friend and left him a message. I think that is what he uses, it sounds right. They are super sticky even on normal roads. Not too many tires let you put your knee down on our asphalt...
Yes, I am painting the bike with cans. I don't have money for anything else. Besides, if some retard puts a scratch into it, I won't go nuts....
Most of my bikes have been hack jobs, lets hope this one is the least of a Hack job...haha

Lubos

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Ry,

Yup, got the bike back from the shop. Looks great if you can look past the unpainted panels. Just one problem, I need an oil cooler. Mr.Gixxer was nice enough to reply,so I sent him some text and an offer, hopefully he'll write back with something...
The shop couldn't fit the belly pan, which is ok, I'll cut it up to make it fit, I have no concience...
The bike looks like an old racer. No speedo, lights, gauges (except tach). The bike looks evil. I don't want to email pics untill its at least pained. It will be a boring black, but I don't feel like thinking up something complicated. Besides my leather are black as well as my helmet....
SCRUBS???? Yeah I can get you some, get back to me and I'll hook you up. I don't know what is cheap, but I pay 150-200 for ones in great shape. I put 1500 km on my of hard riding at the Deal's Gap, and they look they are still good for another 5K-7K. I think the ones I got were Pirellis. I know a guy that rents out race bikes and he's got a deal with a tire supplier.....
Lubos
+1 George at Turn2sportbikerentals good deals on tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts