Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1990 GSX-R1100 L, Stage III, etc, etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can swap the big 'ole curved cooler with a smaller one since I have no fairings, etc and the bike should be getting a lot more air cooling.

I want a nice clean look, but I don't want to overheat either !

Ruprect
Picture taken just outside Nakusp, BC, Canada a couple years ago.

·
Registered
303 Posts
has anyone tried usin' a radiator (for coolant) as an oil cooler? i was lookin' at the 93-95 750.. and woah.. is that thing juicy lookin'.. the oil cooler lines seem to be a lot smaller in diameter.. so if u fabricated on some fittings to a radiator for stock inside diameter oil lines.. would this in theory work? i haven't been able to find much on the net in regards to the differences between radiators and oil coolers.... anyone know?

here's the 93-95 750 radiator... thing looks almost as big as a GP radiator... now i see where that water cooled gsxr got a lot of it's weight problems

and about usin' the curved oil cooler on 88-89s... i believe the mountin' tabs are identical.. keyword believe... but i do know that the curved oil cooler went along w/ the oil pans that had the oil lines comin' out from the front, instead of on the bottom

·
Registered
303 Posts
wow.. that makes two of us with ziptied oil coolers... =)... they're quite strong i must say.. got a nice chain link goin' around the neck of the frame

·
Registered
163 Posts
makes me wonder if the B&M super tranny coolers would be a good investment for the bike. 6 X 11 X 1 1/2 w/ hose and all the fittings for $60.00ish via ebay.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
csjunemann:

did you used clamps over the hoses to secure them in place?

That cooler seems to use hose and clamp in both ends... wondering if such setup leaks.....

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
Sweet, My stocker is still performing well, but I had been wondering where to find a replacement. It looks fragile, and I am not good with fragile things...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts