Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Wondering if the Oil cooler capacity of K5/6 is the same as the K7/8 or if the K7/8 model has an improved oil cooler?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,559 Posts
The specs released by Suzuki for the K7 stated:
New larger radiator utilizes a trapezoidal shape seen on works race-bikes with 10% more cooling capacity. The oil cooler now works with a larger oil pump.

10% is better but nothing to write home about, IMO. I'm unaware of any oil cooling problems with the earlier models. In fact, though I'm not particularly comfortable with it, turbo conversions oftentimes omit the oil cooler.

·
Registered
676 Posts
10% is better but nothing to write home about, IMO. I'm unaware of any oil cooling problems with the earlier models. In fact, though I'm not particularly comfortable with it, turbo conversions oftentimes omit the oil cooler.
I'm actually amazed how cool the K5 can stay
coming from my 750 K6, that thing put 185F in the dash just by looking at it, I'm surprised I never wore out the fan in all those miles
My K5 otoh can remain on 167F as long as I stay under 4000 rpm
Even last month when there was a record temperature of 103F in my parts, while riding, my throat felt like someone held a blowdryer against it, but the bike? stayed at 167F
even the last stretch of the commute with slower traffic and a good number of traffic lights, the fan only had to blow once

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Nightbat®
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing