Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 3629 Posts

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
oh goody ! -time to show off again :D

Ok , this is the first time i laid hands on a GSXR. My younger bro bought an dog of a '86 750G about 10 years ago - it took us about 3 years to finish giving it the street fighter treatment :thumbup

Attachments

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
It turned out so well , i decided to build one for myself !

I bought a '91 GSXR 1100M , stripped it and fightered it :)

Pics are

1) bought
2) the finished article

I'd tuned the motor with a 1216 kit and big valve / gasflowed head - i tried my hand a drag racing and got the bug !

3) Me at the Ransey Sprint on the Isle of Man back in 2000

Lee

Attachments

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
After a few years, I sold the 1100M and started a new project. I started with the doggiest '89 750K you have ever seen !

I did a lot more fabrication on this bike , so it took a while to build. i fitted an R1 swingarm and 6" back wheel , R1 forks , a Y2K GSXR1000 subframe and plastics and a Kawasaki KLE500 headlamp. Then i shoeshorned in a 1216 motor running on RS38's and nitrous :wacko

Pics are -

1) As Bought - it was a real mess - worse than the pics !
2) Some surgery performed , but a lot still to do
3) the bike was featured in streetfighters magazine complete with a professional model & studio shoot
4) God, i remember that day ;)
5) All finished with lots of riding ahead !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Okay, so I know that ain't no RS3 on there that was made for the first gen - so tell me, what was it made for???

It's Bandit 12,
The only mod was the hanger & the front grill on the lower fairing had to be removed. The stock hanger would have worked but i think the higher mounting position is the way to go.
oH I FORGOT ABOUT THE OIL PAN , You need the newer pan 600,750, 1200 are all the same.

·
10,467 Posts
It's Bandit 12,
The only mod was the hanger & the front grill on the lower fairing had to be removed. The stock hanger would have worked but i think the higher mounting position is the way to go.
oH I FORGOT ABOUT THE OIL PAN , You need the newer pan 600,750, 1200 are all the same.
So how did you mod the hangar? You no longer have passenger pegs?

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
It's Bandit 12,
Yea Long, remember when i put the B-12 exhaust on my 86 7/12 i had stated that i took an inch of bend out of the mid pipe, but if you weren't going to ride a pass it would work really nice with a modded hanger. The B-12 set-up hits about an inch or so higher than the stock style exhaust.

41 - 60 of 3629 Posts