Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

3541 - 3560 of 3649 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
heres mine :smile: ignore the oil on the floor of the first pic its off my daughters car and the second pic is one the origonal owner gave me before he botched a 'streetfighter' job on it and sold it to me as a complete dog of a bike to build to its current condition.

in hindsight i probably should have returned it to origonal bit i have no intentions to sell it and i love it the way it is

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here´s photos directly after riding it from the seller.
A 1990 GSX-R 750 that will be little effort to get to top shape.
I got a nice discount due to dirty carbs that cause one cylinder
to miss at low throttle openings. But I´ll have it sorted.
So photos is the shape before any work done.

This one has the dual rear lamp same as the 1991 M model.
Probably some owner installed facelift ?

I see this photo of a 1991 model shows identical parts:
http://www.gsxr.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Suzuki-GSXR-750-1991-7.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
An unfortunate soul was told he couldn't race anymore (and also had to move up north) so I got this 7/11 and a bunch of spares (Bandit 12 included) at a good price. It came with a front PM Chicane (sold) and a Micron 4-2-1 exhaust. I'm relatively pleased but have also reached the limit on the number of bikes I can have at this point. It's got a GP shifter which has been kind of interesting to ride and has excellent power to go with the fresh carb tune. I'll just need to work out brake and head lights.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Had a great weekend full of riding, I organized a group ride Saturday and got some action shots and a video that day, went on a group ride again Sunday to get more action shots! roll raced my buddy on a CBR 1000 and he pulled me on mid range but wasn't running away on top end, my other buddy on his R6 wanted to run and I won that race after giving him the jump. everyone seems to underestimate how quick these old gixxers can be! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've owned this GSX-R750 for about 5 years but shamefully this is the 1st time I've had it road worthy and usable . I sorted most of its running issues and brakes over the previous months and today it past its 1st MOT in a decade . It's now taxed and just back from a short test ride over local roads. Seems to run and handle pretty good for a 30+year old that hasn't been used for over 10 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
I've owned this GSX-R750 for about 5 years but shamefully this is the 1st time I've had it road worthy and usable . I sorted most of its running issues and brakes over the previous months and today it past its 1st MOT in a decade . It's now taxed and just back from a short test ride over local roads. Seems to run and handle pretty good for a 30+year old that hasn't been used for over 10 years.
Looks good. 1985 from the appearance of it. These are good solid bikes.

I've had mine for 31 years and these days I put on about 5,000 km per year; sometimes more if we go on long road trips.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's originally a 86 jap import with 85 fairing and possibly an 85 seat as its the two piece one which I think was only on the F 85 version though I could be incorrect.

3541 - 3560 of 3649 Posts