Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the description of Yosh part # R-424, I used to have some catalogs (until I moved, that is!) A pic would be awesome..Is this # the digital oil temp gauge set up?? Thanks for any help...

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Robbo ]

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Robbo ]</p>

G

·
I don't have a scanner but the front border around the digital readout is white with the "Yoshimura logo" and name above the readout and below the readout it says "Digital Temp Meter"

This is what the description reads:

Part # R-424 Digital Oil Temperature Gauge
GSXR1100 86-92
GSXR750 86-92
GSX1100 Katana 88-92
GSX750 Katana 88-92

Compact 1-3/8" tall x 2-1/4" wide meter illuminates green for night time reading. Temperature range is from 0-150c. Easily mounts to top triple clamp with supplied velcro.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much to both of you , GixxerRacer371, I appreciate the yosh catalog info, because I found this part for $77.77 on the yosh web page!!
Plus free shipping with purchase over $50.00
I owe you one, dude!!!!MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

If you need/want one, its in the Clearance 2 section....and listed under "oil meter"..

I've always wanted one of these for my oil oil pumping gix, but now get it at a really good savings!!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
that's pretty cheap.....if i remember correctly, the retail on that gauge used to be well over $200....

i just took a look at some more recent stuff they're clearing out....they're selling the tlr superbike kit radiator and swingarm for over $6k each. and that's the clearance price...

titanium connecting rods for the last generation 750's....$1270 each.....

sheesh.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: jeff ]</p>

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL....$6K for a radiator or a swing arm...whoa,dude...that's out of my league.

I wish I had a little extra $$$ to pick up a set of carbs..the keihin's would be nice
Really that is a pretty good price on them..The temp gauge will have to keep me going for now!

G

·
No problem ROBBO.... I've got the 94,95,98,99 & 01 Yoshimura catalogs if you ever need more info. I had access to those kit radiators at one time for around $3,000.00 each but thats insane..... the $6,000.00 TL-R Kit swingarm doesn't really look all that special either.... they took all the bracing off of it and notched it out to tuck the pipes in closer.... I actually ride an old Waterpumper and have already bought a few items from the Yoshimura Clearance sale. I want a set of their stage 2 cams but fear valve spring breakage and another engine rebuild.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, Gixx, any other ideas for valvesprings???
I always visualized that I was going to use the St2 cams / spring kit. Now I am in need of a cam / spring / head combo for my 1371 engine build.
I need somthing that's not going to let me down.
Another listmate snatched the last set of St1's.
(You know who you are)
That leaves me with stock cams. I've not heard any really good reviews of anyone elses offerings.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
fucking Yoshimura can suck my ass they are completly out of ALL OLI-COOLED GSXR PARTS

-Karl

G

·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Graham:
Hey, Gixx, any other ideas for valvesprings???
I always visualized that I was going to use the St2 cams / spring kit. Now I am in need of a cam / spring / head combo for my 1371 engine build.
I need somthing that's not going to let me down.
Another listmate snatched the last set of St1's.
(You know who you are)
That leaves me with stock cams. I've not heard any really good reviews of anyone elses offerings.
Any ideas?
<hr></blockquote>

I was told that Kibblewhite makes the best valve springs for the GSXR 1100 but was also advised to change out the valve springs once a year to avoid any kind of spring breakage if I were to use their springs on my GSXR 750. I figure the higher rev limit on the 750 has something to do with that recommendation. Personally I'm too lazy to change valve springs once a year on my bike.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
OK so where's the site?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, it sucks that Yosh is getting out of the oil-cooled stuff, I suppose they figure there aren't many left.

G

·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Graham:
Looking for the description of Yosh part # R-424...
Is this the one that also has a clock???
<hr></blockquote> No, I believe that part number is R-425 and it also has as a volt meter function as well..... Part #R-424 is just the Temp meter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts