Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decide to switch from Alisyn oil less than zero to Amsoil solely due to price. Alisyn oil and Petron additive from Brocks Perfirmance is now over $110 shipped to me. So I switched over to Amsoil 10w40 full synthetic. Today I took the bike out for the first time since the oil change. Bike ran find in the morning but my revs didn’t go over 6000. But on the way home there was no fog and the sun was out so I decided to push it a little on the way home. While approaching the on ramp to the highway in 3rd gear I decided to go wot. Once I shifted into fourth gear and the rpms climbed to about 9000 the clutch start to slip. I then shifted into fifth and again the clutch began to slip at around 9000 rpms. Now I never had this issue with the Alisyn oil and Petron additive. The bike has 8500 miles and it’s the original clutch. I did have the steel plates bead blasted and stiffer springs installed. The motor isn’t stock last dyno run it made 197 rwhp so the engine builder recommended the mod. Now I know Amsoil is a high quality oil. I’m wondering if the clutch is going or is it the Amsoil causing it to slip. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Change out your clutch fibers, inspect your steels too and adjust your clutch. Don't use that oil again..... No need for synthetic oil man. Clean oil is best oil.

You will find threads on here about oil discussions. I've have used Shell Rotella, Mobil Delvac, Castrol GTX, and Valvoline 20w50 motorcycl oil--non of which are synthetic. Never had an issue with clutch slippage on a motor with 215hp.

What year is your bike? Just curious....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Bike is a 2007. I bought it new and have used solely synthetic oil after the first 500 miles. Bike now has 8500... the motor is stock bore and stroke. Has a hydraulic clutch. Not sure on the adjustments. Bike seems to be fine now... I flushed the hydraulic clutch and dumped the oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts