Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was an idiot at the end of last season - I didn't have enough time to do an oil change before putting the bike away for the winter. I'm expecting the oil to be gunky after sitting there for 4-5 months so I don't want to start the engine and have that crap circulate through. My question is, what's the best way to do this oil change - just do it with cold oil and hope for the best?

Thanks in advance!

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
if its cold then just let it drain for a long time. you can just get some cheap non-synthetic motorcycle oil for your oil change, then take the bike for a short ride and do another oil change to flush it out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
if its cold then just let it drain for a long time. you can just get some cheap non-synthetic motorcycle oil for your oil change, then take the bike for a short ride and do another oil change to flush it out.
I agree. putting it at an angle to help all the oil drain out will help too.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
on the 01-03 600's the drain plug is in a small sump in the bottom center of the pan, so no need to tilt the bike like other years

·
Registered
139 Posts
I usually take off the filter pull the plug and walk away. Go do something else and just let it drain for a while. I some times dump a little through it with the plug out, probably not necessary but I like to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts