Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing an oil and spark plug change and was wondering what you other 750 or 600 Srad owners have used and what you thought. Not sure whats in it now so recommenations would help. Thanks

David

·
Registered
720 Posts
spark plug wise, i went with ngk cr8e. most go with the cr9e but the store was out of those, i havent seen any detrimental problems because of the hotter plug. (yet)

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I run CR9E's and Mobil1 MX-4T 10W40 synth bike oil.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i am running the NGK cr9e's in both bikes and the gixxer runs Motul 300v full synth (expensive, but very good) tlr runs motul 5100 semi synth..

·
Registered
645 Posts
CR9E's are the goods as for what I have heard most often. Haven't had to change mine yet. As for oil... I think highly of Mobil 1, but I believe a fully synthetic is not the best way to go. Reason why is you want it to be halfway natural. Natural oil will have better cleaning properties when it is moving accross all those parts. It will keep the inside of your engine cleaner. That's really about it. Otherwise, I use that or all natural, and just make sure I change the oil every 2500 to 3000 miles for sure. I like either (don't curse at me...) Honda oil, or Spectra-gold oil (been around a long time and racers will use it) aka BMW oil, or Motul, but Motul is very expensive. I know we all don't like Honda's in here! *lol* But the Honda Oil company makes a really good lube. It's all opinion of course. I think what really, really matters though, is whether you change that oil often enough though. That's just the ultimate key.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
all of the above mentioned oils are good - im tryin maxima next - as said b4, make certain to change it OFTEN and youll never have to think about the detergents in the oil breakin down..........

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Ok.. The cr9e is a good plug.. I WOULD NOT USE A CR8E UNLESS I RIDE THE BIKE IN EXTREAM COLD, OR LIKE A OLD LADY. I say this because the harder you run the motor the hotter it gets inside... Sooner or later you are going to burn a hole in the piston... Not good... If anything go down to a cr10e... The CR9e is to hot for my ridding... I was blistering the plugs...

If you want a better plug without spending to much more, get the cr9ek or cr10ek...

For oil.. I just got done rebuilding a motor that had about 17K miles on it... it was using Maxima 10-40 and it looked great!

John

·
Registered
720 Posts
I WOULD NOT USE A CR8E UNLESS I RIDE THE BIKE IN EXTREAM COLD, OR LIKE A OLD LADY.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks for the info sonny

also, would a c9e run hotter than a cr9e? or is the c9e just a more efficient spark, not a hotter spart? this would be on a 96 750 with a mechanical speedo/tach.

[ 06-13-2002, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: opinion914 ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The R is the resistor plug. It is to keep from getting interferance (sp) from the plugs...

It shouldnt run any hotter.

John

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I've tried Belray EXS superbike synth, Mobil 1 MX4T, and Redline 10W40...and let me tell you, I couldn't tell the difference, bike responded well to all three oils...just change it every 3000 miles and a new oil filter as well...and your ride will be happy...

spark plug wise, I've tried CR9EKVX...the platinum version of the OE plugs...and couldn't tell a difference either, the bike starts usually on the first try with fast idler...

as long as you change it every 7500miles as per factory recommendation, you'll be okay..

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
AMSOIL!!!!!!! we run amsoil in our race bike that is nitrous oxide powered and makes over 400hp and this shit is the best we have ever put in a motorcycle....bearings look new when we take it apart to service....if interested in trying some give us a call...

thanks,
dwayne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts