Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to put in a new air filter in my bike when I lifted the gas tank to see oil all over the lower part of the air box, on the cards (manily just one, the one farthest to the left), and also there is a drain plug for the air box to drain water that gets in there, well I pulled off the drain plug and OIL came out! Some oil is also on the intake manifold (below the carbs).

Could it be overfill? I have never crashed this bike and it has never been down sense I have owned it. The bike holds 2.7 qts with a oil and oil filter change, it is possible that I put in 3 qts, but thats not much overfill is it? I thought stunters put in overfill all the time and it didn't matter (im not a stunter, this is just what I have heard). Also the bike runs, im not saying that it doesn't start or anything, I just thought oil everywhere was a bad thing or a bad sign of something.

Does anyone know whats wrong with my bike??? I took off the tank about 3,000 miles ago and none of that oil was there. Please Help!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
The crankcase vents into the airbox and if you overfill you will get oil up there - so yeah, that's most likely it

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think that's pretty normal. I seen oil in those places on my bike last spring when i changed my air filter. I just cleaned it all up, and made sure everything was tight. this spring there was no oil. and I put 3L of oil in my bike.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
You should see mine, yours looks freaking uber clean lol.

Be sure to empty that nipple every couple weeks which will help keep that oil drip to a minimum but it is pretty darn normal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts