Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a k9 gsxr 1000 i want to put full ohlins forks on it trouble is none available for that year now i know the k9 to l6 is the same bike apart from a tweek here and there but will newer model ohlins fit mine or do i need to do the clamps too
thanks in advance:wink2:

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
ok guys i have a k9 gsxr 1000 i want to put full ohlins forks on it trouble is none available for that year now i know the k9 to l6 is the same bike apart from a tweek here and there but will newer model ohlins fit mine or do i need to do the clamps too
Just get the 30mm cartridge kit and be done with it....

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,720 Posts
The 30 mm cartridges are supposed to be superior but if you're after something that "looks Ohlins" you could try this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
what is it you want ohlins forks for?

the Showa BPF in these bikes is pretty damned good and really only for competitive track day use would it be needed above the stock fork.

Even then, it ironic how many people go slower when they put in a higher spec fork (unless you do a lot of track daying and put the time in to learn and adapt your riding to such a setup...)

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
The 30 mm cartridges are supposed to be superior but if you're after something that "looks Ohlins" you could try this.
Man, for that money I would stick with the stock forks.

With the money saved I would go and buy a high class hooker for 1/2 a day and have a bit of fun.

After that your lap times will improve much more than they would changing the forks. :shifty

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
I don't know of anyone who tracks/races a K9 or later 1000 or L1 or later 600/750 that keeps the BPF internals. They aren't really a very good design, mostly a cost savings manufacturing change. Pretty much everyone yanks the guts in these forks to replace with Ohlins/K-tech/Penske etc etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I went 30 mm cartidge and ohlins rear on my l4 1k and love it. Everything i'v thrown at it so far it has done perfectly. Cant wait to get out to more track days!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know of anyone who tracks/races a K9 or later 1000 or L1 or later 600/750 that keeps the BPF internals. They aren't really a very good design, mostly a cost savings manufacturing change. Pretty much everyone yanks the guts in these forks to replace with Ohlins/K-tech/Penske etc etc.
for sure. that's why I asked what he was doing with the bike tho. Just for the odd, or even relatively frequent, trackday its probably not the best decision. money better spent on tyres, brakes and otherwise riding tuition if you really want to go faster in the immediate timeframe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts