Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a K4 1K, and I recently came across some Ohlins fork springs for cheap to upgrade on my stock internals. The only concern that I have is that the springs are at .95 kg/mm stiffness. I weigh between 180-185 w/o gear. The majority of my riding is on the street with some track days every now and then (80/20 split). Do you guys think they would be too stiff?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
nope...i weigh 145-150 without gear and running .09s but my valving is a little softer. by buddy is running .85s and he's 175-185lbs and they are perfect for him. he predominately rides street and some spirited canyon carving. good enough for the street and the occasional track day. but when he starts doing more track days he's going to .09s

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
.95 is exactly what you want on a 1k weighing at 180-185 without any gear. Don't go switching settings from street to track set it and forget it. You'll be more comfortable in knowing the handling charactaristics if you do. Now would also be a good time to change the OEM oil in those forks. Oil condition and height is every bit as important as spring and settings.

Enjoy:cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.