Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened on the k6.

got off work on Friday and pulled her outa the garage to go to the bike shop to pick up some oil (shes about due for an oil change). all the usual stuff, let her warm up while i put my gear on, leather jacket, helmet, gloves, carhartt jacket over the leather (it was about 45 degrees out). pull out of my driveway, go down the street and stop at the stop sign. pull away from the stop and make a right turn, next thing i know my ass is on the ground and i am watching my bike go spinning down the road on its side!!!:crying

ok well it wasnt bad, i couldnt have been going more then five mph. the only thing i can figure is the these battlaxes dont like it the cold. i mean the ass end just went out, not much i could do. i musta goosed the gas a little too much.
only damage to me was a little rash on my knee where my jeans ripped through. the gloves did their job and the jacket never even touched the ground.:cheers

The shogun no cuts held up extremely well, although the slider wore down a little faster then any i have ever seen before, especially considering that it only slid about ten feet. only damage to the bike was a small scratch on the tail, a scratched exhaust, and a small scratch on the upper part of the right side fairing.

i guess it wasnt too bad. just kinda pissed that the first time i lay down any bike, and i have owned three in the past, happens when i am driving like a reasonably sane human being. :scratch

just felt like ranting my anger and my relief at walking away pretty much unscathed and with the bike no worse for wear! :cool

·
Registered
514 Posts
you said it was 45 out? Do you get snow there? I was thinking maybe some black ice. Or just dew on the street that caused it. Anyways, glad your ok. The puck could have worn down faster if the street was rough. (Old asphault is much rougher than new asphault)

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No snow yet. it was just cold as balls out is all. i will live and learn i guess.

Oh and this didnt happen in NC. the bikes in Delaware right now at my parent's house while i am up at school in NY. that should help to explain the colder then usual temps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
These 750s are really fast and I've seen that the throttle isn't forgiving. You probably pulled a little too hard. Good thing that you aren't hurt.

·
Registered
750 Posts
dont feel bad. i got in a wreck aug 28. i took my eyes off the road for a sec to look at the local bike hangout to see if any of my boys were there. look back up and wham ran right into the back of a ford explorer that had slammed on the brakes. i was actually doing the speed limit and been riding like you should ride and wrecked. broke my neck and my left femur in 3 places. i can ride a wheelie at 120 and a few other stunts and ive been fine so far. the one day i ride like a sane person and i end up in the hospital.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Any tires are like that on the cold pavement. I have dunlop qualifiers and the exact thing happened to me a couple weeks ago though I think it was a lil colder than that. Almost the same exact thing happened to me I was taking a left hander though and going a lil faster. My motovation no-cuts did awesome no fairing damage at all!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Asfaraslogic said:
i can ride a wheelie at 120 and a few other stunts and ive been fine so far. the one day i ride like a sane person and i end up in the hospital.
How true... I think it's because riding the speed limit just puts you to sleep and kills your concentration.

·
Registered
192 Posts
redneckrider said:
i guess it wasnt too bad. just kinda pissed that the first time i lay down any bike, and i have owned three in the past, happens when i am driving like a reasonably sane human being. :scratch
Don't be pissed that you did it at a slow speed, be thankful.

I'm curious, did you go over some road paint as you accelerated out? Cuz the other day in the morning, I was going left through an area around the mall I work by. As I went through I went over the road paint and the front end got a little upset but came back to me, thank god. That road paint (stop sign interesections) is very slippery when it's cold. I would think that might have been an issue.

Glad your ok though...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah cold is not good with these tires . I made a wide right turn one night just after I started my bike and it was cold that night. I gave it alittle gas not too much, next thing I know the ass end started sliding to the left and I felt like I was in that Tokyo drift movie. But luckly I was able to ride it out,but it could have been a mean high side!

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O6Gixxer said:
Don't be pissed that you did it at a slow speed, be thankful.

I'm curious, did you go over some road paint as you accelerated out? Cuz the other day in the morning, I was going left through an area around the mall I work by. As I went through I went over the road paint and the front end got a little upset but came back to me, thank god. That road paint (stop sign interesections) is very slippery when it's cold. I would think that might have been an issue.

Glad your ok though...

No, there was no road paint or lines or anything like that. it was in my freakin neighborhood!! i was seriously like two hundred yards from my house. so i just picked her up and went home.

thanks for all the replies though guys. just felt like ranting some.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I feel your pain... I dropped my bike turning into my street 150 ft from my driveway 7 months ago.

The bike had no sliders (they were not available yet) but I was extremely lucky and just scratched the cutch side cover and the right mirror. The right peg and brake lever / pedal had minor scratches that I polished off. Fairings were off because I had changed the oil that afternoon (sometimes it is good to procrastinate!).

The worst part is that I was going very slow but it was night and the only light in the street was busted. As I was turning I looked down my street and all I could see was darkness (my headlight was illuminating the neighbours house). I lost all visual clues and down I went...
I am still cheesed off about it:cursing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.