Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There she sits. After two months of a little work here and a little work there..........a new look for the 750. I've seen a few blue bikes here that were half assed sprayed black just to see what they looked like. Well, here is the real deal. Tail off of a red and black 600k6 and side fairings off of a black and silver 600k6. New rears, altered pipe, new screen, levers, decals (to cover that Goddamn white 750 swoosh on the tank) blah, blah.

So I cut my Devil can around four inches shorter. I also coated all of the stainless parts. Sounds deep as fuck, very smooth and beefy!

Okay, all finished! Time for a cig and a coffee.

Before pic.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Very nice. I've been planning the same color change for months. Thanks for showing me what it will look like.:drool At the very least, I will change the tail side fairings to black. Who did you buy the plastics from and how much shipped? I've been looking at Oneida, Ridenow and Superbikesupply as the cheapest for new plastics. Also, where did you get the decal for the tank?

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is just excellent!!!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
joHnSoN said:
thats sweet! do you think i would be able to do something similar with my blue/white k6 600 ?
Yep, just swap out all the white plastics for black. It would look even better cause the 600 don't have tank Graphics to deal with...:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gixxerob said:
Very nice. I've been planning the same color change for months. Thanks for showing me what it will look like.:drool At the very least, I will change the tail side fairings to black. Who did you buy the plastics from and how much shipped? I've been looking at Oneida, Ridenow and Superbikesupply as the cheapest for new plastics. Also, where did you get the decal for the tank?

I got the plastics from Oneida. They had the best prices I couls find. CVant remember how much shipped. They fucked up the order twice and had SHITTY customer service. The guy I talked to was a real ass hole. They will get no love from me in the future, even if it means paying more. Decals were from Tapeworks. This is the first set of these the have made. Sort of similar to a set the had with some changes. Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blakester said:
That loooks freaking sick man. I would have did the front plastics black also, but that is just me...:D
I thought about doing the upper black. I wanted the bike to stay primarily blue and felt like the black upper would have drowned out the blue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blakester said:
Yep, just swap out all the white plastics for black. It would look even better cause the 600 don't have tank Graphics to deal with...:D

Just my personal opinion, the 600's that have all of the decals off and are two tone colors look too bland. If I owned a 600 and was going to do this I'd get the same decal set I've got to mix up the paint a little. JMO;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Catatafish said:
Wow, I love the pipe.
Thanks! This was by far the most challenging part of this whole transformation. The Devil guys were real easy to work with as far as replacement parts and Q's go. I can't say enough about how this can now sounds. Total tits and mean as fuck!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.