Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,126 Posts
I'm guessing it's the same but you ought to be able to check by eye. The pin offsets things by about 6 degrees. So the difference between installing it one way or the other is about 12 degrees. You ought to be able to compare the pin location relative to the cam lobe and install it so the offset pin matches what it is on the OEM cam.

The difference between the two positions ought to be big enough to confirm visually. All this assume that the K7 lobe is in the same location as the OEM. That's not exactly correct but close. The K7 intake opens 2 degrees later and closes 3 degrees earlier. So the lobe centers are in nearly the same position.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing it's the same but you ought to be able to check by eye. The pin offsets things by about 6 degrees. So the difference between installing it one way or the other is about 12 degrees. You ought to be able to compare the pin location relative to the cam lobe and install it so the offset pin matches what it is on the OEM cam.

The difference between the two positions ought to be big enough to confirm visually. All this assume that the K7 lobe is in the same location as the OEM. That's not exactly correct but close. The K7 intake opens 2 degrees later and closes 3 degrees earlier. So the lobe centers are in nearly the same position.
Thanks I figured it out the offset pin will actually be 180 degrees from how it is on the busa camshaft

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.