·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Re: 2012 gsxr 1000

Dear suzuki fairy,

I wish for: Fast stuff

I wish for: Faster stuff

I wish for: Cool and much faster stuff

Please make my fantasy come true dear Suzuki fairy !

·
Banned
3,858 Posts

Big bike sales are real slow at the moment. It's been trending that way for a few years. The booming markets are scooters, mainly is SE Asia.

Having said that you would think that Suzuki maybe doing a revampt to throw their hat in the ring for the MotoGP 2012. But then again maybe they won't. Be shameful if a GSX-R starting beating their own GSV-R.

·
Registered
624 Posts

Big bike sales are real slow at the moment. QUOTE]

That's because there is nothing definitive to buy.

What have you got:

BMW...fast but a hunk of junk
Aprillia.....not for the road
MV......beautiful but no better than anything else
Ducati...ball buster
Honda...solid but who cares
kawasaki...just ugly
Suzuki......due for update
Yamaha....stock sucs
KTM...sorta cool, overpriced

:biggrin

still playing with it:

Bike has groan in size..more seat tail room, bigger tank, taller upper fairing.
Traditional upper braced swingarm replaces previous.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts

That's because there is nothing definitive to buy.

What have you got:

BMW...fast but have fun working on it
Aprillia.....true championship bike.
MV......new f41000? fantastic.
Ducati....can't outrun a 750
Honda.....pretty decent but also do for update
kawasaki.....kawis are always ugly, but this one is fast
Suzuki......due for update
Yamaha....~143hp stock? lame.
KTM...sorta cool, overpriced, can't keep up
fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts

Whatever Suzuki decides to do for the updates, one thing that it definitely needs is a motor that has midrange power like the Honda. All these bikes now days have all the power on top, which is useless if all you do is ride on the street, which a majority of most of us do. The K2-6 models had the power where you needed most and made the bike fun as hell.

Plus I hope it doesn't have all that fancy electronic BS that just hikes up the price which most of us could care less about. Unfortunately, I think it will go in that direction.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

Electronics is one of the mayor things people look in a bike....

rc8r 2011 is a very sweet bike, same power as R1, cbr, brembo brakes, WP suspension, etc... here cost 10K less than a BMW but some friends have not purchased because it does not have electronics.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts

Electronics is one of the mayor things people look in a bike....

rc8r 2011 is a very sweet bike, same power as R1, cbr, brembo brakes, WP suspension, etc... here cost 10K less than a BMW but some friends have not purchased because it does not have electronics.
Maybe if I rode on the track alot or was a professional racer, then maybe I could see how electronics could be beneficial. But since I don't, I am just one of those people that would opt not to have them on the bike. Traction control, my right hand is traction control, don't need electronics for that.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

JP1143, I know you are a real talented ride. but us mortals, riding in all conditions need some help....

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts

^Thanks for the complement but I'm just an average joe that will always look to better riders so I can become one.

·
Registered
94 Posts

So you think the 2012 GSXR 1000 will be a Frankenbike with a BMW S1000rr front end, a K9 1000 front cowl and tank, K9 600 swingarm, and a 2011 gsxr 600 tail?

That is actually a rendering of the 2012 gsxr 1000 nothing more than someone thinking what it will be.

good guess though. i'll give it that

·
Registered
94 Posts

it will have good electronics as all the new bike are getting so thats a given. i hope they are going for a little bit of a different look b/c they all look closely together.

but we are all looking for hp :)

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts

^i would be looking for weight reduction with a modest increase in power. the GSXR has been a bit of a pig compared to other brands in the recent years.

and ditch the dual exhaust. they have no business being on the bike, and they are heavy.

judging by the newest lightweight GSXR's, i would expect a large weight reduction and electronics to match everyone else. oh, and probably a $15k MSRP

·
Registered
94 Posts

^ I agree with all of it and unfortunately it will be close to the price tag.

If its not close to the power i'd take the bmw. For the money i'd take the beemer over a suzuki.

41 - 60 of 549 Posts
About this Discussion
548 Replies
148 Participants
THE REV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing