Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

541 - 549 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a heads up the new 2012 is in the dealerships saw one on friday.
I live in south florida riva pompano had one on the floor they told me they sold a black one. They told me they got them this week.

·
Registered
625 Posts

Ok,

So all the latest crap was tested on track in brutal condidtions by Road Racing World.

J. Toye said that the Suzuki accelerated quickest and from what I could decifer, handling was the most trustworthy.

Some didn't run and the Pani...A nightmare wrapped in beautiful bodywork.

So..what are you getting ? :biggrin

·
Registered
4 Posts
wonder does this model have any slipper clutch? >.<

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Interesting thread.
I have just picked up a brand new S1000RR and my mate a Brand new Black Gix 1K. I can tell you first hand there is not much in them from a lay person perspective. I am not a racer or anything like that.....just average riders who have been riding for some decades now. As far as power delivery and the general feel the Gix is not too far off S1000RR.
The new gix is a different ride from my k8 1K which feels heavy and not as nimble in comparison. I can only comment on my own personal experience and I am sure people will have their own.
Out of all the litre bikes I have test ridden in recent months it was really down to the wire between the new gix and the new S1000RR. Sorry but I thought both were miles ahead better than the blade, R1, Kwaka etc.(but each to their own :) )
Anyway. New gix in all black rocks!!

541 - 549 of 549 Posts