Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

481 - 500 of 549 Posts

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
There are so many great choices now days that you can't really go wrong with what you pick.
+1 They're all close. Just pick a color and ride. Honda Kawisaki Yamaha Suzuki :biggrin As long as it has a R you'll enjoy it.

For those raving and hollering about electronic aids, hold out. Patience is virtue. And in 1 or 2 years rejoice. For the purist, the days are numbered. Enjoy them while they last. This is it. The L1 and L2 gixxers may be the last manual GSXR ever.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
I really like the L2 over the previous K9 and L1 models, not that they were bad or anything, I just find the L2 more aesthetically pleasing to me.

GSXR will always be in my blood and you can never dispute their history of excellence; I love my K4 and will never part with it. There are so many great choices now days that you can't really go wrong with what you pick.

Another tough decision I guess, been wanting a new bike for the last 3 years but just have not found one that I really liked. There are two bikes that I like for 2012 and Suzuki is one of them. Just have to decide which one to commit to and pull the trigger on it.

We the motorcyclist have tough decisions in life..
Like your attitude and agree, the L2 looks slightly better than the previous.

......but kind of funny that this has turned into a ABS thread isn't it?

·
Banned
355 Posts
......but kind of funny that this has turned into a ABS thread isn't it?
Since all the bikes have had incredible power to weight ratios for years, and the new bikes offer no major improvement, electronics are the next step.
If not for ABS and/or Traction Control, why would you buy a new bike?

I expected our beloved Suzuki to beat, or at least match, BMW/Kawi for power to weight and electronics.
Suzuki let us down.

Thanks to Captain Obvious below for another worthless post. :rolleyes

·
Addicted to Track
1,474 Posts
Moving away from anymore ABS.... BS..... Hint Hint You know who Why don't you give it up Like you said you would? or at least keep it in your own thread

I rest my case. I'm not going back an forth with you.
Isn't it great that Suzuki have upgraded the brakes to have Brembo Calipers?

The first of the 4 Japanese bikes to have them. I am waiting to see if I can get a used set of these to upgrade my bikes if they arn't as costly as getting them New ... Probably won't see them for a while on ebay.

·
Banned
17,232 Posts
Moving away from anymore ABS.... BS..... Hint Hint You know who Why don't you give it up Like you said you would? or at least keep it in your own thread

Isn't it great that Suzuki have upgraded the brakes to have Brembo Calipers?

The first of the 4 Japanese bikes to have them. I am waiting to see if I can get a used set of these to upgrade my bikes if they arn't as costly as getting them New ... Probably won't see them for a while on ebay.
I am almost certain they are just a cheapo manufacter version with a Brembo logo slapped on them. I highly doubt they are as good as what you get aftermarket.

·
Addicted to Track
1,474 Posts
I thought of that too...

check this out regarding the 600 and 750

As for the new brake caliper for the new gixxers, the front monobloc M4x32 caliper contains 4 pistons of 32 mm in diameter and is based on the Brembo monobloc technology, identical to the one used in MotoGP and SBK.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2011-suzuki-gsx-r-600-750-brembo-brake-calipers-detailed-25281.html

In the stopping department Suzuki is the first Japanese OE to source Brembo’s top-shelf monobloc front brake calipers on a production sportbike. Each caliper is machined from a solid police of aluminum and features four 32mm pistons (compared to the 32/30 set-up used on the old bike). The calipers squeeze larger diameter brake discs

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/640/8113/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Suzuki-GSX-R600-and-GSX-R750-First-Look.aspx

When we caught our first glimpse of the 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 & 2011 Suzuki GSX-R 750 motorcycles, one of the things that struck us about the new bikes, besides the redesigned front fairing and 20lbs of missing mass, was the use of Brembo calipers as an OEM part. A premium part that’s usually reserved for premium brand motorcycles, Brembo and Suzuki have signed at three-year agreement that sees the Italian company supplying the Japanese manufacturer with braking bits for its GSX-R line.
Being initially used on the 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 & 2011 Suzuki GSX-R 750 models, Brembo has modified its M4 caliper to fit the Japanese fork bottoms, creating the M4x32. The monobloc calipers have four 32mm pistons, and will start on the 600/750 line, although we can expect to see Brembo calipers on the 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/brembo-suzuki-three-year-contract/

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301479

·
Registered
784 Posts
As for the new brake caliper for the new gixxers, the front monobloc M4x32 caliper contains 4 pistons of 32 mm in diameter and is based on the Brembo monobloc technology, identical to the one used in MotoGP and SBK.
What a load of old toss. They may be Brembo HPK callipers but they are nothing like the ones we use on our SuperBikes.

Other than a tiny weight saving I wouldn't think they are any better than the stock GSXR1000K9 callipers.

Pure marketing spin in my opinion.

·
Addicted to Track
1,474 Posts
I am not diagreeing with anyone.. I have not tried them. I only copied and pasted the Braking part of the article ... so don't go nuts on me saying that ... its in the link.

But I would expect them to be better than Stock 05-08 calipers.

Brembo wouldn't put their name on an inferior product. I would still expect room for improvement as they wouldn't put top of the line as a stock GSXR part. They also shouldn't be 2nd's or blems.

·
Registered
784 Posts
But I would expect them to be better than Stock 05-08 calipers.
Anything is better than the 05-08 callipers. They were possibly the worst callipers ever to appear on a production bike.

Some were rubbish from new, others faded within a few months and some managed to be okay.

Depending on the rider and their braking technique we used to buy new ones half way through the season and throw away the previously new ones as they had a tendency to start flexing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Brembo's Looks Good Too Me...:cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been checking out some pics of the L2, and I can't seem to see a joint in the exhaust after the exhaust valve....
Is it possible that there will be no way to simply put a slip on aftermarket exhaust with the valve still there with this model?

To be honest I can only see a joint in the pipework right next to the muffler itself.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Just read the SportRider shootout between the 2011 1000's with ABS.(Kawi, BMW, Honda)
The 3 riders in the test support the educated position that ABS is a must for a street bike.
They also mock the uneducated riders that dismiss ABS and fool themselves into believing that they can out perform ABS on the street.
Some poster in this thread should be eating crow right about now.

I'm hoping the 2012 Suzuki is a beast on the dyno and that Big Blue adds ABS and TC for 2013.

Aren't the posts below spamming?:wtf
It's a shame some people cannot accept reality and try to argue against indisputable facts. :lol

·
Banned
17,232 Posts
Just read the SportRider shootout between the 2011 1000's with ABS.(Kawi, BMW, Honda)
The 3 riders in the test support the educated position that ABS is a must for a street bike.
They also mock the uneducated riders that dismiss ABS and fool themselves into believing that they can out perform ABS on the street.
Some poster in this thread should be eating crow right about now.

I'm hoping the 2012 Suzuki is a beast on the dyno and that Big Blue adds ABS and TC for 2013.

Biased much? Do you plan on getting a bike with ABS? If so, fancy a wager?

481 - 500 of 549 Posts