Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

If your bike was inspected for the Frame recall, did it recieve the Brace? or the Fra

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 945 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a post on labusas about a frame recall

I have no clue if its true, just seeing if anyone knows anything about it??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: 05-06 frame recall

Hey Guys,
I am the service manager at Broward Motorsports. Suzuki announced today that 2005 and 2006 GSXR1000 frames have to be inspected and if cracks are found in the frame, to be replaced. If no cracks are found, dealers are to install a frame reenforcement. Dealers will have to apply a dye to check the frames. Suzuki will auto ship the test kits to dealers on Jan. 23rd. . If a frame has to be replaced, Suzuki has to be consulted on a case by case basis.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts

Hey Guys,
I am the service manager at Broward Motorsports in Hollywood, Florida. Suzuki announced today that 2005 and 2006 GSXR1000 frames have to be inspected and if cracks are found in the frame, to be replaced. If no cracks are found, dealers are to install a frame reenforcement. Dealers will have to apply a dye to check the frames. Suzuki will auto ship the test kits to dealers on Jan. 23rd. Anybody in South Florida that is affected by the recall can come se me at Broward Motorsports. We have already ordered brace kits. If a frame has to be replaced, Suzuki has to be consulted on a case by case basis. You can reach the Broward Motorsports service department at 954-436-9905

my bike is still under warranty, (extended) shouldn't it be covered either way if its defective?

·
Registered
3 Posts

To quantify, Suzuki voluntarily issued a bulletin to ensure customer satisfaction with their product. There is no defect with the design of the product or the frame.

To quote Suzuki directly per the bulletin, " WHY IS SUZUKI CONDUCTING THIS RECALL?
Suzuki has received reports of cracking or breakage of the motorcycle frame in
extreme situations where unusually high stress is placed on the frame, such as collisions
involving the front wheel/fork assembly.
Suzuki has also received reports of cracking or breakage of the frame behind and below
steering neck when the motorcycle is subjected to repeated hard landings from hazardous
maneuvers such as extreme or extended wheelies or other stunts. Suzuki believes
type of driving activity is reckless - and illegal when performed on a public roadway -
not condone it. If the frame becomes broken during this type of extreme use, a crash
occur.
While ordinary operation of the motorcycle does not create a risk of cracking or breakage
the frame, Suzuki has decided voluntarily to conduct this Safety Recall to minimize
potential for frame cracking or breakage in the circumstances described above."

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

So apparently the "superior" 05-06s DO have a little intsy-bitsy flaw in their blinding perfection? <ACME Smartass Armour on> :burnout

Ken7

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

Mankind is a flawed creation thus, anything created by man can be flawed....even an 05-06 GSXR 1000.:idea:biggrin

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts

This sounds made up.

If there was anything of this that was really going on jeffw would have told us about it long ago.

·
Registered
938 Posts

This sounds made up.

If there was anything of this that was really going on jeffw would have told us about it long ago.
It's bullshit SP, the "dye" is liquid dye penetrant, only possible on bare metal, the last time I checked my frame was painted, so Suzuki is going to strip every frame and do a LDP test?, sure they are:wacko

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts

BMSAdam signed up in 2007, and hasn't posted a single thing until 3 posts today.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts

BMSAdam signed up in 2007, and hasn't posted a single thing until 3 posts today.
and he wont be posting again if he tries to advertise illegally here again :biggrin

1 - 20 of 945 Posts
About this Discussion
944 Replies
269 Participants
le skid
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing