Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Gsxr1000r 2017
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Have anyone seen a complete clutch kit? I’m on the 17mod can only find up until the 16 mod.

And by how many miles/km do you have on your current?
I have 18000km’s on mine and are considering rebuilding mine this winter.
I can’t help my self clutching this thing up about every ride and don’t have any experience on expected lifetime.

·
Registered
Gsxr1000r 2017
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a quality kit. Still like to hear some input on longevity on the oem clutch. I can’t say my clutch is gone, it only slips going hard from second to third sometimes. I have the double r With the quick shifter so I guess this is the slipper doing what it’s supposed to do?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought a slipper clutch only worked when downshifting? If this is the case your slipping from 2nd to 3rd is a sign of the clutch starting to wear out.

·
Registered
Gsxr1000r 2017
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t think so, I can’t find anything in the service manual about adjusting the slipper. The slipping that occurs during gear shifts are random and it’s not something that happens often. The bike pulls hard and has no problems with slippage under hard acceleration. Seems like I just have to open her up and have a look at it.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Interesting that Suzuki have gone back to a straight clutch (non slipper) for L7.
Does the L7 have electronic gear change ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts