Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently purchased an 03' 1000 and it has a rather loud muffler on it. I don't have issue with it but my strata does.. I was wondering if the original titanium muffler and set valve off a 05-06 1000 would hook up to the original header found on my 03' 1000? Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Headers are pretty much the same (same slip ons are sold for K1-K6 bikes), so it should fit. But you might have to make some sort of adapter for the hanger.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,628 Posts
You'll have to search around here but I vaguely recall that there's some sort of issue with swingarm clearance when putting a K1-K3 slip-on onto a K5/K6. You're going in the opposite direction so there might be cowling clearance issues with it.

Check the parts fiche to see if they use the same EXCVA. You're probably OK if they don't but it would be one less thing to worry about.

Depending on the manufacturer, there might be db killers that you could add to your current muffler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your input. I know I'm going against the norm but just figured if I have to run a O.E muffler I would try and fit one I consider visually appealing. Yes I have seen people reporting interference with swingarm in the unloaded position with luck I could with luck modify the muffler at the point of contact. Im sure not many go down this road but to keep the powers that be happy they would want to see Suzuki on the muffler. At that point I could modify that one and simply say its an O.E muffler.. I will have to look into the EXCVA as thats a good point. Again thank you for chiming in and if you can think of anything else please let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts