Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of being flamed hard, I'm gonna pose this question re the Speedo Healer and the Yellowbox.

First off, I've always taped off my speedo, so accuracy in that department is of no real concern.

But, with my gearing changes, I figure my odometer will show many more miles covered over time than what have actually been ridden

So, the question is... does anybody have one on their race bike? If so, does it create any issues with a bike's built-in gear indicator, Power Commander, custom map, etc.?

Is it a pain in the ass to install?

If I'm not mistaken, one kinda cool function of the Speedo Healer is its ability to display the top speed acheived in a particular race or session.

Thoughts?

BTW - Jason, Poacher and Quig can kiss my pastie, white ass!!! :flipoff

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I don't race my bike, but I can answer most questions.

Super easy to install.

Yes it saves your max speed.

Yes, it would make your odometer more accurate if you have changed gearing. (you can calibrate your speedometer or odometer, but not both since they don't properly correspond)

Creates no issues with gear indicator, Powercommander, anything.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
. . . or just buy a used speedo and keep the low mileage one in the closet untl its time to sell . . . .

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Zippy994 said:
BTW - Jason, Poacher and Quig can POUND my pastie, white ass!!! :flipoff

:wtf No thanks fruitloop...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:
like we care how acurate the miles are when we sell these things anyway...
I always thought the comment for our bikes was, "2 race weekends since motor was refreshed".

....and that should be interpretted as, "this bike was an endurance bike and flogged on, non-stop for up to 6 hours at a time for an entire season......even though it was crashed multiple times and repaired strictly by duct-tape and zip ties it still runs great." :biggrin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.