Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
If it was 93, then my motor would have been toast a long time ago... Phoenix doesnt even have anything over 91 that I have found. I run 87.

Reactions: Valhalla

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,786 Posts
I run 87. I ran premium 92+ for the first few months, but when I switched to 87, it actually seemed to run a little better.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont have a manual. im still waiting for my red r. its been a few days. thats why i asked here first....

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Midgrade. Usually 89 or 90 is what it is around here. The highest octane at a standard pump is a waste of money.
Plus keep in mind that most people buy the regular gas, 87. So the higher grade gas sits in the tank longer, and old gas is not quality gas. Always be sure you go to a gas station that has a lot of traffic, so that ALL of the octanes are gone through in less than a week. Then you know that even the highest grade is fresh.
Also use something like Shell, Mobil, etc. The good quality gas. And check all signs posted. Be sure the gas you're using is 100% ethanol free. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
everyone where im from preaches 91 cuz they have no idea what they are talking about and then there is also plenty of people that run 87 i talk to online so i just compromise and run the middle grade 89. if i had to choose a side 87 or 91 i would choose 87 though :)

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
GSXR6BOY said:
It says it right on the frame as well..... no need for a manual.
thank you :cheers

it also says it on the tank:) and in your owners manual, not the service manual

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
lambo said:
i dont have a manual. im still waiting for my red r. its been a few days. thats why i asked here first....
did you try a search? There are about 800 posts before about this

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jimmy 2 Times said:
did you try a search? There are about 800 posts before about this
yes i tried a search and there were 4 different answers(87,89,91,93). i bought the bike used and there were no manuals and all the stickers were taken off :(

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.