Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what octane rating gas do you use in your bikes for casual riding/ more extreme track riding?
and I saw a cd-rom service manual on the net and was wondering how they compare with the traditional paper booklets

·
Registered
39 Posts
My gas tank has a divider in it. I hold 93 octane on one side for casual riding and 109 octane on the other side. You can find them on ebay for about $75. It is kind of nice to be able to switch over to the higher octane when needed.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
I like the CDROM manual. It's small and will fit in the toolbox, so it's handy to the bike when I need it. It also cleans up easier than the book. The grease wipes right off.

I heard octane was bad for the environment, and your valves. Best to ask for octane free gas. Only some brands offer this green friendly fuel, though. You might have to ride a few miles to find some. Regular will work in an emergency, but I'd suggest when you can, to flush the system right after. The CDROM manual has an entire chapter devoted to this. It's not in the paper manual.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
I like the CDROM manual. It's small and will fit in the toolbox, so it's handy to the bike when I need it. It also cleans up easier than the book. The grease wipes right off.
The bad part is that it isn't that good for rearding while on the can - it fogs up too easily...

I use diesel in my bikes, gives better milage - at the track I use pure methanol

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The bad part is that it isn't that good for rearding while on the can - it fogs up too easily...

I use diesel in my bikes, gives better milage - at the track I use pure methanol
Damn you SVS you beat me to it. Diesel dude
And pure alcohol at the track.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Octane is over-rated. I never use it. So is lead. Leaded gas is good for the bike.

Whenever I go to the gas station, I go to Full-Serve.

I say "3.9 Gallons of Gas -- no Octane, no Lead! " -- If you scream, they do it faster.

--------------------------------------------

As for the CD-Rom -- Its very different from the regular paper version, like everything else.

They try to pack a lot into the CD, so, it kinda gets hard to read after a while.

If you put the CD under a microscope, it's easier to read.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
If you scream, they do it faster.
I tried that. My wife punched me in the mouth!
to this mod.
You are just lucky you are not SVS. You would have a full set of dentures.

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
My wife is half sicilian and half irish. It isn't the first punch that hurts. That one is just to serve notice that true punishment is being thought up and will be served without notice when convienient to her Lordship, the Powercommander.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I see. Half Sicilian and half Irish? Interesting. Pics?

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts