Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone played around with any octane boosters. I always run 93. I was wondering if any of the off the shelf booster do anything for power. Not that the 750 needs much more....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Wont help you much for power, but it actually can harm the fuel lines so buyer beware. I do not reccomend any additives to gasoline.

Scott

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Run the lowest octane fuel you can within reason, or what your comfortable with. The higher the octane the slower the fuel burns which in turn robs HP.

The 3 main fuels that VP sells to road racers have octane ratings of 87 to 92. The best fuel from them is the 87 octane leaded and oxygenated fuel MR9 which is about $20/gallon.

Another thing to keep in mind is this. Any octane booster or brake fluid that is packaged in a plastic container probably isn't worth a shit.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
wouldn't you need a higher compression ratio to even use a higher octane? I've heard of rumors of people mixing 87 with 93 for some reason. But I wouldn't run 87 just because our newer bikes 750's and 1k's seem to call for atleast premium now. I remember my '01 600 stating what ever the pump had didn't matter, but the higher compression now these days might have changed that. Maybe I'm just yacking but thats just my $.02 of what i've heard about all that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 600s still only require 87 octane. I believe the 750s and 1Ks require premium. Unless you increase your compression or mess with your timing, there is no reason to go with higher ocatne than what the manufacturer recommends.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Any octane booster or brake fluid that is packaged in a plastic container probably isn't worth a shit.
Motul....bell ray.....and just about every othe brake fluid I know of is packaged in plastic.

What do you use??

njracer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts