Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm rebuilding my carbs and i have come accross a Mysterious O-Ring that is not on the Microfiche.

the o-ring is located on the Jet Block which is just below #27 in the carb housing. I've gone to every plumbing and parts store imaginable and can't find one like it either.

have any of you that have rebuilt your carbs run into this problem? is so where did you find the replacment part?

here is what im looking at.
Ron Ayers

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well #27 is the "jet needle" and there should't be an oring on it. It just pushes in the carb. The only other orings in that area are located under the slide guides. I don't think they are listing those because the slide guides are also not available. They come in the carb assy when you buy that. BTW thanks to someone on this forum who pointed out that these orings exist. I had never removed the slide guides before.

·
3,440 Posts
#27 is the needle jet (sometimes referred to as emulsion tube) Isn't the o'ring your looking for #34? It sits between the needle jet and main right?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
nope, #24 is the oring for the float/needle assy. He means the oring under the slide. No, you cant get that oring from suzuki, like rogerlee said the slide is not available from suzuki so.....

Your best bet is to get a cheap used set of carbs off ebay, and assemble one good set of carbs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there has to be another way.

the O-Ring in the repair manual says to replace it so at one point or another it was a replacment part for it. Time to get on the phone with Mikuni and see if they can point me in the right direction for a replacement.

·
Registered
300 Posts
(thickness x inside diameter)

o ring under jetblock : 1.5mm x 10mm
float value seat oring(bst36ss) : 1.5mm x 7mm
float frame oring : 1.5mm x 5mm
idle mixture screw : 1mm x 2.5mm (or 3mm OD)

kragen carries o-tite o rings.. where u should be able to find ur size, and pep boys carries doorman o ring kits.. that come in a maroonish box... that has 2 of the common sizes for the float.. good kit to have tho when takin' apart ur head n such...

i think is wat u were referin' to tho. "o ring under jet block"

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I know what o-ring you are talking about. Are you sure that the jet needle does not come with the o-ring. I have a set of carbs I can take the pic if you can't. It is a real tiny o-ring (rubber part) compared to the inner diameter. I all else fails, I have a spare set of carbs....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.